Pride @ Hogwarts Part Two

A/N: So sorry for the late update guys! My schedule is really busy lately, but I'm gonna try and get back on track with the daily updates. I apologise in advance if I can't. I already know that this Friday is gonna be a bit sketchy in terms of updating, so I might just update twice on Thursday, we'll have to see. I couldn't really remember where I was going with this part, and I'm really tired so you got whatever this is XD. Enjoy, comment and vote!

They finished decorating the common room two hours later. "This looks really good!" Harry cheered. Draco smiled but said nothing. It really did look good. They had pinned up a Pride flag above the fireplace along with the fairy lights on the mantle. Harry had gotten a few Pride cushions too and they now replaced the old couch cushions. Using chalk, they had drawn the different LGBTI flags on the white wall. They were only small ones though, to Harry's dismay. Rainbow coloured burning was strung up on the walls. Draco had even managed to charm the different coloured sweets Harry had bought so they flashed the colours of the Pride flag. That only took an hour and a half. The other half hour consisted of Harry throwing rainbow coloured streamers at Draco, discreetly trying to charm his hair rainbow and, at one point, jumping off the couch at him holding a Pride flag and screeching, " WEAR IT!"

He didn't need to worry about waking the others up because he had cast Muffliato before attempting to charm the hair, knowing it was a No Touch zone. He had failed at every attempt to Prideify Draco, except for the hair. Unbeknownst to Draco, his hair now flashed every colour of the rainbow. At the exact same time as the sweets! Harry was very proud of himself.

Now, they were sitting on the couch, drinking coffee to keep them awake. It was six o'clock in the morning after all. And they had woken up, well, Harry had woken up at three am.
"So, you defeated a giant three headed dog, flying keys, Devil's Snare, a living chessboard, death potions and Voldemort who was living on the back of Quirrel's head, all in your first year." Draco listed in disbelief. Harry nodded and got up to make more coffee. Draco had been impressed with Muffliato, and Harry had explained where he found it, which led to him telling the entire story of his sixth year at Hogwarts. Then the fifth year. And fourth year. And third, second and first year. Draco watched Harry as he went to make more coffee.

"If the Dursley's were anti-wizard enough to lock you in a cupboard, how did you get your letter?" He asked curiously. Harry laughed.
"My uncle brought us to a cabin in the sea on some rocks to escape all the letters. That's why he moved me into an actual bedroom too actually. Well, he was right in thinking no letters would come. Instead, Hagrid bust down the door on my eleventh birthday, twisted my uncle's rifle like it was a marshmallow, gave Dudley a pig's tail, took out a cake ( my first cake ever actually ) and said 'Harry yer a wizard."

Draco frowned. "So... a half giant bursts through the door of your cabin, twists a rifle and says you're a wizard and you believe him?" Harry paused with the two coffee mugs in his hands. "Well now that you say it like that...."
He gave Draco his coffee. "I guess eleven year old me was really stupid."
Draco scoffed. "Can't have been worse than eleven year old me. I was a right prat." "Yeah. You were. But so was I."
Draco looked at him sideways. "No you weren't." "Yes I was. I didn't take your hand that day. I regret that you know." Draco said nothing. Harry didn't expect him too.

It had been a slow progress but Harry had gotten Draco to come out of his quiet shell a bit and now he asked questions, he even sometimes cracked the occasional joke! It was actually pretty fun. Harry shifted to face him and held out his hand. Draco eyed it warily. "What are you doing?" He asked.

"Hi, I'm Harry Potter.( Harry Harry Potter. Singing a song all day long in Hooooggwaaaarrrts. I've found the source of the ticking! It's a pipe bomb! Yaaaaaaay! * explosion noise* ) Want to be friends?" Draco rolled his eyes. "I'm not doing this." He said bluntly. "Oh come on!" Harry whined. "Participate!" Draco turned towards him. "Fine. Hello Harry. I would love to be friends. Why don't we make each other friendship bracelets and go frollicking into the Forbidden Forest looking for unicorns?" He said completely seriously. Harry shrugged. " Joke's on you." He said. "I make awesome friendship bracelets." Draco rolled his eyes and took a sip of his coffee, but a small smile tugged at the corner of his lips.

Suddenly the door to Ron's room opened and the red head appeared in the doorway, yawning. "Harry? What you doing?" He asked grumpily. He really wasn't a morning person and everything he said sounded grumpy in the morning. Harry grinned.
"Just talking to Draco." Ron rubbed his eyes and frowned. "What have you done to the common room? And what's up with Malfoy's hair?"
Harry moved away from Draco slowly. "What did you do to my hair Harry?" Ron blinked. "Wait, since when do you call each other by your first names?" " Uh, now, Draco, stay calm, but I sort of kinda, here." Harry passed him a mirror. Draco uttered a strangled yelp. "Happy Pride?"
***
"I still can't believe you did that to my hair." Draco muttered. The three of them had gone down to the Great Hall for breakfast. Even though it was only half seven and classes started at nine. Ron had replied with "It's never too early for food " when Harry had pointed out that particular fact. "It was too good an opportunity to pass up." Harry laughed. Ron shook his head and shoveled more eggs into his mouth. He still wasn't quite accustomed to the budding friendship between the two former enemies. Honestly, it baffled him. "Besides, " Harry said. "It's Pride." And indeed it was.

The corridors had been decorated with LGBTI flags and the suits of armour had been painted in the colours of the Pride flag. In the Great Hall, the house banners had been replaced with Pride flags. Up at the teachers table, many of them wore pins or some item of rainbow coloured clothing. McGonagall looked rather spectacular in a sparkly, rainbow coloured pantsuit. As for the three boys, they were a sight for sore eyes. Well, Harry was.

He wore a tie dye rainbow t-shirt with bright purple trousers. On his face, he had used face paints to draw the Pride flag on both cheeks. Several colourful bracelets adorned his wrists. Draco was much more understated than Harry. His hair no longer flashed colours but he agreed to face paint on his cheeks and he wore colourful wristbands. Ron didn't have face paint, but Harry had forced him to wear a Pride hat, which clashed horribly with his red hair. No other Eight Years had come down to breakfast yet.

"What have we got first mate?" Ron asked Harry. "Potions with Slughorn." Ron shrugged and buttered more toast. "Not too bad." "Because you actually got better at Potions!" Harry cried. "I'm still crap." He slumped dramatically onto the table. "I can help you." Draco offered suddenly. Harry straightened up immediately.
"Really?" Draco shrugged. " Sure. You can't be that bad." Ron laughed around the piece of bacon in his mouth. "Good luck mate. He's crap!"
"Can't be as bad as me." came a voice behind Harry. Dean and Seamus grinned at the trio. They were holding hands and Dean wore a Pride flag around his neck like a cape. Harry quirked an eyebrow suggestively at their interlocked hands. Dean blushed but the two sat down at the table, still holding hands. "Who decorated the common room?" Seamus asked. Harry grinned while Ron pointed to him with his thumb. Draco just stared pointedly at Harry, a small smirk tugging at his lips.

Dean nodded in appreciation. "Nice. Well, happy Pride." The trio echoed the same in reply. "You know, I didn't expect this." Ron said, not unkindly, pointing between Dean and Seamus with his fork. Seamus shrugged. "We weren't ready to tell anyone but we thought, hey, it's Pride, why not do it."
"Why not do what?" Hermione asked.
The five of them turned around to see her and Pansy holding hands. Ron began choking on his pumpkin juice and Dean and Seamus grinned. "I don't think anyone was expecting that."