Wedding Planning

Yes! I am back. Sorry for the long wait, I am actually in school rn. Like. Right now. I'm on lunch. FIFTH YEAR IS SO FUCKING HARD. Anyway. Part two of this will probably be uploaded honestly. Just wanted to upload something and this wasn't finished lol. ENJOY, COMMENT AND VOTE

“No, they need to be burgundy! This is not burgundy! Does this look like burgundy to you?!” Draco demanded. He towered over a young teenager at the counter of the store they were at. She glanced uneasily at her manager who stood in the corner of the store biting his nails anxiously. Draco took a deep breath, prepared to lecture the poor girl on her job and the different shades of red, when Harry placed a hand on his shoulder. “Stop terrorising the woman.” He chastised gently.

Draco folded his arms. “This is not burgundy!” He insisted. Harry rolled his eyes. “But they go well with the silver of the cutlery, don’t you think?” Draco eyed the linen napkins distrustfully. “Not burgundy.” He mumbled. But Harry knew he wouldn’t fight him on this and smiled at the spooked girl. “We’ll take them, thank you.” She nodded hesitantly and went to package the napkins. Harry sighed. He and Draco had begun wedding planning. And Draco was beginning to turn into Groomzilla. It was two weeks till the wedding and with the d-day drawing near, Draco was going perfectionist. This was only the second store they had visited that day, and already Draco had pitched a fit over the tablecloths and the napkins. Apparently neither of them were the correct shades. And yes. He had dragged them to two different linen stores. Still on the agenda were the flowers, the cake and the finalizing of the decorations.

Draco huffed and Harry grinned, noticing his pout. He slid his arms around his waist and laid his head on his shoulder. “They aren’t burgundy.” Draco mumbled. “I know love, but they still go well with the rest of the decorations.” Harry soothed. The young girl came running up to them holding the bag with their napkins. Draco narrowed his eyes at the offending bag and turned his head. Harry sighed and took the bag, thanking her. He grabbed Draco’s hand and tugged him out of the store.
“Come on. Next is the flowers and then the cake. I know you’ve been wanting to get to the cake.” He said. Draco pouted but took the lead, dragging him into the next store on the agenda. They were in a shopping centre, and Harry could feel the staff in different shops exhale in relief whenever they passed by. The guy behind the counter at the florists stood to attention when they walked in. “Hello, how may I help you today?” Harry flashed a leisurely grin at him and let go of Draco’s hand, stepping back to watch the show. “We’re here to order several bouquets of flowers. “ The man smiled, showing perfect white teeth. “Great. What’s the occasion?” Draco eyed him haughtily. “Our wedding.” He drawled. This was the point where people usually blanched, having had experience with brides in the past. But the guy just smiled wider and busted out from behind the counter. “Congratulations! I’m getting married to my fiance in June. When’s the big day?” Draco seemed taken aback at his enthusiasm but continued on ahead nonetheless. “This day two weeks.” He said smoothly. The guy clapped. “A winter wedding, how adorable! I told Jake I wanted a winter wedding, but he only proposed a week ago so it was a bit short notice!” He laughed.

Harry grinned at him. “So, I’m Matt, and obviously, I’ll be helping you with those bouquets today. Have we any idea of what flowers we want in them?” Draco followed him around the room, staring at all the flowers. “Yes, we do have several ideas but the one flower that must be in all of them is lilies.” Matt nodded. “Ok, any other specific requests?” They had done the tour of the shop and Matt went back behind the counter, pulling out a heavy address book from beneath it. “Yes, white roses.” Matt nodded and scribbled into the book. “Ok, now, pure white roses? We have several white roses with pink or red shot through it. Or, if I can sway your mind on the white roses, we have some rare blue roses.” Draco and Matt spent the next twenty minutes talking flowers. When they walked out of the shop, Draco sent a genuine smile Matt’s way and called out “thanks Matt! See you at the wedding!”

Harry raised an eyebrow at him. “You invited him to the wedding?” Draco nodded authoritatively. “We have the place and he’s bringing the flowers anyway. He might as well stay. And he’s bringing Jake. We need to meet the young man.” Harry snorted. Draco had the tone of a father needing to approve of his child’s partner. “Come on. Cake next.”