CHAPTER- 8

HER ONLY FAMILY

Pratham Gupta was an honest, hardworking, kind hearted man. He owned a sweet shop which was well running enough for their living... his wife Anamika Gupta a lovely lady with good morals, helped him as much as she can....they got a beautiful gift after 5 long years of their marriage and named her "Khushi" their happiness. But fate was cruel...Khushi lost her parents when she was only 3...when she even didn't know meaning of losing someone....

Her next relative Sashi & Garima Gupta shifted there with their daughter Payal, son Pratik and sister Madhumati...as they got her custody...

Upon growing up Khushi understood that she was just their responsibility rather to say a burden...Pratik and Payal were always their first priority...being it spending money for their studies or likings...they were always given the best... where Khushi was the one who had to compromise...even at times she had to bear hurtful words from Madhumati due to her temper...

Payal soft by nature, 3 years elder to Khushi...she loved Khushi as her own sister...helped her secretly but at the end she was not so much courageous to fight with her parents for her...she can only console her... whereas Pratik was always busy with himself...he didn't ever recognized her presence...she was no important for him...This was her family...

She smiled looking at the man who is in his deep sleep pouting like a child with his head on her chest....they came to SheeshMahal a day back... She was moving her fingers slowly in his hairs... he is her only virtue...he never let her feel her parent's absence...from childhood he guided her, loved her and fulfilled all her wishes...fought with others even with his father for her...

"Arnav! Akash said you didn't bought the game...what you did with your pocket money???" asked Arjun

"I bought other things....i didn't feel to buy the game anymore..." said a 17 year old Arnav who was tutoring 13 year old Khushi in his room...

And what were those things? Asked Arjun irritatingly...

Arjun why are you so angry? What's big deal if he didn't bought a game? Asked a curious Devyani... by now every member of RM gathered in his room hearing the commotion...

"Maa you stop defending him....i got to know something new today...you know what your grandson does with all his pocket money? He spent all the money on that girl..." said Arjun angrily pointing Khushi...

"that's none of your concern...it was my pocket money and I decided to spend it on her...you came for a month to work so just focus on your business...why are you wasting your time by keeping track on my deeds?" Said Arnav sharply...

"it is my concern because the money you are spending on her is mine hard earned....i can't let that to be spend on some roadside cheap middle class girl... she is just using you and you are happily letting her...bloody gold diggers!!!!" said Arjun furiously...

"Enough!!!!! Just stop!!!! I forgot that it's your money Mr. Raizada...I will keep that in my mind..." with that a furious Arnav walked away taking Khushi with him...

They came to their secret meeting place, a small land with a small house and lots of plants...Arti loved gardening so this place was gift from her father on her 14th birthday...Arnav Khushi used to come with her and they liked the place so much that made it their secret meeting place...seeing the affection of Arnav Khushi towards the land Arti willed the land on both of them...After her death this place was precious for them...Arnav Khushi both took care of the house and plants...this place was not known by anyone from their families except Arnav's nani....so it was their hideout...

Arnav entered the house and with a thud broke the vase... Khushi was frightened...she went towards him and forced him to sit on the bed beside her...Arnav kept his head on her lap and held her tightly trying to cool his anger...she moved her fingers through his hairs...

"I am so sorry Khushi, for me you had to bear all these...but not more...I will make myself so strong that everyone will bow down before you... I will keep the whole world at your feet...no one will dare to hurt you...I promise you...promise you..." said Arnav with a new determination... Khushi didn't get all the words completely but held him in her arms tightly such as conveying she is always with him....

That day Khushi didn't understand his words but today she can...that day her Arnavji proved her importance in his life by standing against his father...that day only for her, her Arnavji accepted all the hardships of life...others at his age and position enjoys the provided luxuries, partying with friends, spending money like water and what not....

But she had seen the struggle of her Arnavji...she had seen studying him like mad, too hard even at late late nights so that he can get scholarships and get admission in best colleges by his own...she had seen him doing smaller to smaller jobs to gain money for her, unknown to his family...as her so called Chacha didn't spend money on her except feeding her... she was given Payal's used clothes, books...not even a proper tutor for her education...

But Arnav taught her, get new clothes, books even her little little likings which she didn't voice out, not wanting to trouble him much but that was also fulfilled by him...she had seen the formation of ASR from scratch...all his failures, his achievements, his hardworks...he had proven himself....he fulfilled his promise...her Arnavji is the mighty ASR...her heart swelled with love for the man in her arms, their bare bodies clanged to each other intimately under the duvet...she hugged him more and closed her eyes...feeling him... her only family....her Arnavji....