CHAPTER-23

THEIR SECRET

"Khushi" came a soft whisper of Arnav....

"I am here...Arnavji..." Khushi's heartbeat increased hearing his voice after so many hours...

Arnav opened his eyes with difficulty and watched Khushi...slowly he remembered everything...he tried to get up but Khushi protested... "Khushi" he stretched his hands towards her...he knew more than him she was feeling the pain...Khushi held his hands tightly as if to believe that he didn't leave... they forgot that they were having audiences...

All were stunned to see the sight infront although their trance broke by the doctor....

"It's surprising....we thought you may slip to comma but...well it seems ASR...you are all stable and fine now...just rest till the injuries get healed and have some light food for some days..." said the doctor finishing the checkup...

"When can he go home?" asked Khushi...

"We will just keep him in observation for another 24 hours after that he can go home...." And the doctor left...

After sometime neglecting Khushi's protests he got slightly up in half sitting position and said "As the doctor said...I am fine now...you all need rest...go back to Shantivan..."

"We are not leaving you Chotte..." said Subhadra....

"Nani...I am fine...you all need rest...even they will not let all of you stay here...Akash drive all home and take care of Payal..."

"What about Khushi?" asked Akash...

"Ohh...try yourself... I bet she will not move an inch from here...Aman make arrangement of a spare bed and also some flowers...Khushi is sick of hospital smell and also some food I know she has not taken anything till she got the news..."

All were surprised to listen such caring words from Arnav...he was saying as if he knew Khushi from years...weren't they separated after his departure to Harvard... this was the main question all were thinking... they left reluctantly and also confused...

Khushi was just staring at him...after they left, she didn't waste a second and launched herself in his arms... "I was so scared...I felt you were in pain...no was taking me seriously...I pleaded them to take me to you... I knew you were in pain...its paining more..." she kept chanting holding him...Arnav was surprised...he felt her shivering slightly...meanwhile Aman came back and Arnav looked at him...Aman's silent nod gave him the answers...his heart pricked for his Angel...he hugged her tight...

"Khush...relax...stop crying...see I am fine now... you know what I can't bear two crybabies..."

"What?" asked Khushi in confusion...

"You are a crybaby and now also training my baby to be one..."

"Dhat" she smiled

"I was so missing your smile..." saying Arnav caught her lips...

The next day Arnav was fine to walk though holding Khushi... seeing his report the doctor discharged him early... they headed to Shantivan...

All were happy seeing him...Manorama did his arti and they entered the house...it was the first time Khushi entered the house as Arnav's wife....she was feeling overwhelmed...she held Arnav's hands tightly....they were moving towards their room with each other's support...

"Arnav where are you going? You room is upstairs..."

"No...yesterday itself I called Akash and said him to set the room at downstairs...I don't want Khushi to take steps in this state..."

"And why do you think she will have to go to your room...she is just your friend...after hearing the news she came to meet you that's fine...now tell her to go back..." said Arjun gritting his teeth

"Yeah Arnav I think her husband and in laws will feel bad if she spend more time here...she was already with you the whole night which is more than enough..." said Anusha...

"ASR...I am here to take care of you...she is already ill by herself...let her go..." said Sheetal trying her luck...the moment she saw Khushi and her advances towards Arnav she was getting negative vibes...

"Just shut up...Dare you say she is ill...she is pregnant not ill...Who are you to take care of me? Khushi will go nowhere..."

"Bhai why are you insulting her? She is going to be your wife...she is just trying to help you..." now this news shocked Khushi...she looked at him...now she got to know the reason of his anger and the rough drive...he held her in his arms tightly...

"You just close your mouth... I had already cleared yesterday that Sheetal Kapoor can't be my wife... come Khushi..."

"Just stop there...How can you take her to your room Arnav?" said Anusha irritatingly...

"Yes Chotte you can't..." 

"She is married...more than your friend now she is someone's wife...she is bearing someone's child...you can't behave with her like before..." said Devyani...

"Why are you all saying Bhai? Ask this girl what she is doing with him? Even being married and going to be a mother ...how shameless are you to spent night with Bhai? Such a characterless girl!!!" 

"Anjali!!!!! Dare you speak a word against her...She was...She is and she will be...always with me...no one can take her away from me..." said Arnav in a no nonsense tone....all gasped hearing Arnav...he was never so rude to Anjali...and it was the first time he called her with her full name...

"Arnav...watch your tone...she is your sister...and how dare you speak such...she is someone else's wife...and you girl...Don't you have any shame? How can you just stand? but it's enough...you can go now...we can take care of him..." said Arjun furiously...

"She will go nowhere...only she can take care of me...if she goes I will leave the house at that second...she has all the rights to live here...she has all rights on me...she is Khushi Arnav Singh Raizada, my wife...and the baby is mine...I am the father...Am I clear? now let my wife and baby take rest...they are tired..." shouted Arnav...

Khushi held Arnav's hands tightly...they moved towards  their room...they both needed each other's support as now they have to face the family as their secret was out now...

thank you....so much...for your votes and comments....please enjoy....