CHAPTER-10

THE PROPOSAL

The next morning after kissing her with heart content Arnav left from there stealthily...

Time passed and the Khuranas arrived...they all were chatting...

Dev came towards Khushi and said... "Hi... Khushi how are you? We met after a long time..."

"Yes a long time...I am fine thank you" she answered politely...

Dev Singhania is Pratik's friend...he is a lawyer by profession and once proposed her but she denied...after that day they never met again...she avoided him...Khuranas are Dev's relative through his mother...

Interrupting them the panditji informed about two auspicious dates for marriage one was after 2 days and the other was after 5 months...

"After 2 days is fine...we can held the marriage at a mandir then after some days a reception where all relatives can visit..." said Dev hurridely...

"Yes, Dev you are right...we are fine with it..."said Sashi happily....

Khushi started teasing Payal...they left soon... all dispersed to Sashi's room for marriage arrangements except Khushi who escaped from there as her Arnavji was calling her.... And Payal left for some work...

"Nothing will happen...just relax and let me think...Khushi said they didn't inform anyone about their marriage so we can use that...seeing her attire I can assume her so called husband is rich...but no decent man will hide his wife and if does then there must be something fishy with their relationship...and as he is rich then he must be using her...so no need to panic....the plan is still on..."

"Yes papa you are right...we will make Khushi marry Dev without her consent and he will take her to London soon...if she creates problem saying she is married we can lie to Dev that she is fooling us as she didn't want to get married....and if any day her husband came here finding her we can fed him some lies"....said Pratik smiling evilly....

The tray fell down from her hands breaking all the cups with a loud sound... Khushi can't believe what she heard...

"What are you all saying" asked Khushi fearfully...

"What's wrong in that Khushi you made a mistake and we are rectifying it...as simple as that..." said Sashi calmly

"Mistake....my marriage is not mistake...we love each other..."

"Shut up Khushi...Dev brought the proposal of Khuranas for Payal with the condition if we let him marry you...he proposed you but you denied...you should be thankful that he is generous enough to think about you till now... Khuranas are rich, powerful....with Payal we all will become rich soon" said Pratik...

"We can't let the proposal slip away for your idiotic acts... they appointed Pratik in Khurana industries at a high post"...said Garima

"And that so called husband of yours didn't introduce you as his wife in front of society even not his own family...he is using you... infact you should have known this... how on earth you thought that a rich man will fall for you?" mocked Pratik

"You know what this type of relations are called? you are nothing but his mistress..." said Madhumati gritting her teeth...

"You should be thankful we are helping you to get rid of such a pathetic marriage....now forget all that and marry Dev...Repay the care we gave you even being an orphan..." said a furious Sashi....

"no you are wrong...you don't know him...we love each other....ohhh.....this is why you called me...you never accepted my marriage...this is why you are faking your affection...how stupid of me...I will call him and tell everything about you all..." said Khushi painfully and tried to leave the room but was suddenly pulled and slapped by a furious Pratik... "The hell you will do that..."

"I will not marry anyone..." shouted Khushi....

"and we will see how you not...Pratik lock her in her room and Garima no food or water should be provided...let me see till when she denies..." ordered Sashi

Pratik snatched her cell and locked her...Khushi was crying bitterly... "please, bhaiya don't do this..." but her cries were heard by none....

Payal came back at night from her friend's house...she can hear Khushi's cries but was surprised to see her family having dinner silently as if everything is normal... "why Khushi is crying, Amma?"

"that's none of your concern just go to your room and sleep...it's not good for soon to be brides to be up late nights...you will lose your glow...now go.." ordered Madhumati sternly...

Payal had no way she went to her room but after sometime when she was sure that everyone had slept she crept to Khushi's room... she was shocked to see Khushi in that state...she ran towards her and help her half conscious body to lie on bed... "Khushi....Khushi...say something..."

"Jiji...Water...my... baby...my baby... jiji...please feed me something...." stammered a tired Khushi...

Payal was horrified she hurriedly brought water and food and feed her....Khushi felt good...after sometime she narrated everything to Payal...

"Please help me...please let me call him once...he will make everything fine" pleaded Khushi tears constantly rolling down her cheeks....

"Stop Khushi...listen to me carefully...don't even think to mention about your child...they may harm it...I will try my best to help you..." said Payal consoling her...

" What do you think you can do?" came Pratik's voice from behind shocking both of them....but both were relieved soon as he didn't listen their full conversation after hearing his next words.

"Just get out of here...I think Masi said this is none of your concern...So leave!!! " said Pratik furiously....

Payal: you all are doing wrong...she is married...you can't do this to her...we can get more good proposals...

Pratik: not like the Khuranas... we are till alive to think about you...you just get out of here... dare you do something stupid...

With that he once again locked Khushi... Khushi cried keeping her palm on her belly... "Arnavji"

Arnav jerked up from bed...he didn't knew why but he was feeling so low the whole day after he left Khushi...he thought maybe he was missing her but as the day followed he was feeling restless...he even called her at late morning they talked...but after that she didn't answered any of his calls...now even her cell is switched off...

He quickly called Aman... "Book my tickets Aman...I am going back to Lucknow"

Aman: but the meeting ASR

Arnav: let it be...Khushi is alone there...I can't trust them...you just do what I said... and the call was cut.

"I am coming...Khushi..."