CHAPTER-26

SHOWING THE MIRROR

It 's Khushi's Godhbharai function today...Shantivan is decorated with flowers and lights....the function is started and running beautifully but there are few not so happy about this with their own reasons...one of them is Arnav as it is a ladies function so he is not allowed...he was staring at his beautiful wife laughing, from a distance while talking in his cell...all were engrossed in their talks...he saw Khushi leaving the place...maybe for washroom...he continued talking...after some time he again glanced at the place but Khushi was not back....he can see Payal sitting there...

"Where is Khushi? Is she unwell?" frowned Arnav and moved towards their room...he checked the washroom...he was getting restless now...he was going out of the room when suddenly something bright caught his eyes from the poolside... he came there and the sight he saw blocked his brain...there his Khushi was standing too close to the pool.... Arnav ran frantically towards her...

"Khushi...." shouted Arnav and held her in his arms...

"What were you thinking? Why were you so close to the pool? You were just one step away to fall..."

By now all came to their room due to Arnav's shouting...All felt relief that Khushi was safe...

"I warned you not to go near the pool but you...What were you doing? Where was your mind? Now speak dammit..." shouted Arnav...

"Arnavji... I was just having some fresh air...but suddenly I saw some shadow beside the tree...I was just looking for it and didn't know when I came near the pool..." cried Khushi...

"Shadow? Are you mad? Shantivan is highly guarded...no outsider can intrude...how can you be so careless? You are carrying Arnav's child...a Raizada heir..." said Anusha strictly...though angry but Arnav didn't liked his Khushi being scolded...

"Bua stop shouting on her...you all were equally at fault...you all promised me to take care of her by not letting her alone for once...you didn't allowed me near her in the name of some idiotic rituals...but you all were so engrossed with yourselves that totally missed the fact that she was away for so much time....don't blame my Khushi..." shouted Arnav...

"Arnav...she is not a child...can't she be little conscious...it's only two days you saved her falling from garden stairs...for god sake...she has to understand you are not her bodyguard...you are ASR...you have a whole business to run...you can't spent time babysitting her...I think Bhaiya was right...she is not capable to be your wife...for Bhabhi I accepted her but now I can see...she is just a burden..." before she could complete all heard a loud sound...

Everyone gasped seeing Arnav's rage filled eyes, blood flowing from his hands as he mercilessly punched the mirror of his room once again breaking it all in hundred pieces...in no minute Khushi was beside him trying to soothe him but he grabbed her hands tightly and said in a voice that sent shivers to all...

"Don't you dare...one more word and I will not think twice before leaving you all forever...she is not any burden...I will protect my wife and child every time they needed..." Shouted Arnav...

"Arnav...how can you speak like that? You can leave your own family for this mere girl...the family who loves you...took care of you from your childhood... I was the one to love you so much after Bhabhi...to face this day?" said Anusha astonished by his behavior...

"You are wrong...it's always her...she was the one to love me selflessly...you showered me with your love but only when you were free... you also left me for business...all were too much busy grieving for Maa to notice me...you all took care of me which was limited upto my meals and medicines...you all pitied me, blamed my fate and said that you understand...but no you didn't, not a single person standing here not even my own father..." shouted Arnav...all shocked at his outburst... Arjun faced other side...he was not able to hear more...

"Only she was there for me...only for me...she was small but knew me in and out...took care of me just like Maa...she let me cry my heart out ...gave shelter in her arms, sat hours and hours not bothering of her pain but never moved for a second as that can disturb my sleep...even though she was treated like a burden in her own home...

She took all my frustrations, outbursts without a word...you all left Lucknow but I never left her...she is so traditional and bound with her morals though she submitted herself to me before any legal assurance...she was always with me... accepted my anger, my insecurities, my obsession for her,my failures...she was with me from scratch...

I was failing but she supported me when you all backed off...she never let me lose hope...that is her trust on me..." Khushi forced him to sit and bandaged his hand...He looked at them again...

"What? Why you all are silent? It's hurting right? Well it's said Truth Hurts...I established AKR for her...to lay the world on her feet...I can build and destroy thousand AKRs for her...I don't care who is what when this girl is in concern...I am sure now you all know what she is for me...I can die and even kill for her...don't ever try to raise your voice on her...a scratch on her and I will burn everything...I am her lover, her husband, her protector.... now leave..." ordered ASR...

All left...today they for the first time felt the 9 year old boy's pain...their Chotte for the first time voiced all his suppressed pain, showing the mirror...they felt ashamed on themselves...how much these two endured in such small age...

Khushi hugged Arnav with all her strength "I love you..."

Arnav captured her lips into a mind numbing kiss...after sometime Arnav said nuzzling her face "I love you...no one can take you away from me...Khush...everything is fine...I will never let anything happen to you and baby..." he again kissed her and that somehow steadied Khushi...soon they slept in each other's arms...

sorry for late update,,,,,,enjoy....