017

a/n : debating name change 'My Bubblegum Prince or 'Prince and Flynn' ?

Paxton Flynn

I've never loved work as much as I loved working right now. Blessed anyone responsible for this for making me work in the gym instead of sitting in that tiny class alone with Sebastian. At least now I didn't have to be haunted by any awkward silence or lingering stares.

I still threw the lingering stares though. My eyes kept moving to Sebastian who was working on the other side of the extra big gym. He had shorts on, trainers and a fitted white tank top on. His hair looked darker and he looked very calm as he loudly chewed on his bubblegum, blowing a bubble every now and then. He didn't know exactly how hot he was and how difficult he was making this work for me without even doing anything.

The not so silent silence was broken by the loud bounce of a ball. I turned around just in time to catch the basketball that was heading my way. I raised my brow at Sebastian who obviously threw it at me, daring him to say it was a mistake.

Instead of looking at me, he grabbed another ball and while bouncing it between his hand and the floor, he asked. "Why are you so quiet?"

I'd be lying if I said that question didn't surprise me. I didn't expect him to say anything and instead he says that. "Huh?"

He looks at me and maintains eye contact as he blows an annoying bubble. "Are you sick? You're usually always talking and now you're quiet? Why?"

"I-- I didn't know you wanted me to talk." I said breaking eye contact and scrutinizing the basketball in my hands. He's truly talking to me? After he knows everything?

"When has that ever stopped you?" He says and when I look at him, I can't help that my lips twitch into a small smile. He smiles back, "or don't tell me you're allergic to balls?"

And I burst out laughing. "Of all people to be allergic to balls, I'm definitely not one of them."

I look away hoping that he doesn't get my double meaning. He does. The next thing I know, a dodgeball hits me and I turn to him eye wide.

"I hope we're talking about the same balls here?" He says raising a brow with an amused expression.

I fringe ignorance. "What balls exactly?"

"Dodgeball, baseball, basketball..."

"Yeah I know. What other kind of balls could I possibly be referring to if not those?" I ask him moving closer.

He smirks at me. "I don't know... Soul balls?" 

I burst out laughing and now I throw the basketball in my hands at Sebastian. "Shut up."

He smiles and doesn't say any other thing. He keeps bouncing himself and the basketball with such expertise and grace, I could watch him forever. The way his biceps move, muscle twitch. Everything about him was incredibly hot and sexy. If this is how basketball playing really is then I've been wasting hours on television.

"Do you play?" I ask after shamelessly gawking at him.

He turns to me and shrugs, "I can shoot hoops. You?"

I shake my head. "I can't even throw a ball, talk less of shooting hoops. My height is also not in my favour."

"Nonsense. You can totally score hoops with your height. Try it." He throws the ball at me and I successfully catch it again.