024

Paxton Flynn

After we rescued Sebastian's kitchen from burning down - I still can't believe I caused him to forget his food on the stove. Is it wrong that I feel so flattered? Its nothing but I can't help but smile at the thought. I'm hopeless.

Sebastian ordered Chinese noodles since the housekeeper practically shoved us out of the kitchen. His noodles arrived shortly and he had ordered one for me already so I just had to eat along. I didn't mind at all. Since I'd be sleeping over – whaaat?

"Tsk, Sebastian why did you want to burn down the house?" A young girl said as she walked into the kitchen followed closely by three other very identical girls. My jaw dropped at the sight.

"You don't like this house anymore?" Another one asked.

"And you wasted good food in the process." The third one said. The fourth one didn't say anything, she just folded up her hands together and shook her head in disapproval.

Sebastian looked at me with a smile before turning around to the girls. "Calista, I wasn't trying to burn down the house, who told you that?"

"Nanny." She says, not looking as if she believed him.

"Well, she lied. And Cleo I still like this house." Sebastian says.

"Nanny doesn't lie." The fourth one that has been silent said but then the first one - Calista - answers her.

"She does." Then she peered into Sebastian's bowl. "Got any pork chops?"

"Who are you?" The third girl says and all of them turn to me. I think I'm getting overwhelmed by staring into four pairs of identical eyes. All looking at me.

"Chloe, that's Paxton Flynn." Sebastian introduced with an amused look. "He's my friend from school. Flynn, my sisters, Calista, Cleo, Chloe and Candice."

I raised my hand in a small frame and nearly gasped out loud when all four of them narrowed their eyes at me, at the same time. Chloe, I think, turned to Sebastian. "But you never have friends or bring them over."

"Well, Flynn's special."

"How special?" Calista, the first one asks, her eyes still on me. I looked at Sebastian with a small smile oddly interested in his answer. Sebastian smiled at me too and didn't break eye contact as he responded.

"Very Special."

"Are you lovers?" Cleo blurted out making me choke on air and Sebastian go eye wide. The last girl that has been silent all through face palmed herself, shaking her head in disapproval.

"Of course not, Cleo. That's not how it works. Its boy and girl."

"Then why are you looking at him like that?" Cleo asked again clearly confused.

"Like how?" Sebastian and I both asked in sync.

"Like Jerry looks at cheese."

"Like Chloe looks at bowties."

"Like Romeo looked at Juliet."

"Like..." Candice frowned, then gave up following in her sister's footsteps by shrugging.

I burst out laughing and almost choked again when I saw Sebastian looking down at the counter his cheeks tainted red. Is he blushing?! Sebastian cleared his throat, returning back to normal as he jumped off his stool facing his sisters. "Okay, okay. Off to bed now, you're all clearly sleep deprived."

A series of protest leave their lips at the same time and its hard to say who's saying what. Eventually, they realized that Sebastian's not going to change his mind and Calista sighed, subsequently shutting everyone else up and calling order. She glared at Sebastian before turning to me with a smile.