041

Paxton Flynn

This can't be happening. This cannot be happening.

I stood at the very top of the school building, taking note of how the helicopter made a particular area look like it had been vacuumed. How did I not come here frequently? On any other circumstance, this would've been a great relaxation spot. Its a known fact that everything higher off the ground is better — except to those afraid of heights that is.

"Paxton." I heard Ryder call as she came into view panting like she ran a marathon, which she probably did. I don't know how I even made it up that million stairs. Landon showed up behind her but he looked more organized.

"Pax?"

"I lost him." I said, it didn't even sound like my own voice. "I wasn't fast enough. I came and the--" I gestured up with my hand. "It was already gone."

I felt her arms wrap around my shoulder as her head rested on me and the tears I've been fighting off for the past five minutes of standing here came flooding to the surface.

"I-I c-can't lo-se him Ry." I shuttered turning around as I broke down in her arms. Only God knows where they are taking him off to. Would I see him again? I didn't even get to say goodbye.

"Maybe you don't have to." Landon spoke for the first time and Ry and I pulled away from each other to look at him.

"Huh?"

"I mean, what if they went over to his house? I mean, they could still be around. They'll need his things won't they? People don't just up and leave." He snapped his fingers. "What about his sisters?"

"What are you saying, Lan?" Ry questioned impatiently.

"I'm saying, we could be on our way to his house instead of up here. You might still see him."

I nodded, wiping the tears on my face. "Yea. Yea let's do that."

We rushed over to Lan's car in record time and soon we were zooming away to Sebastian's mansion. I've never seen Landon drive so fast and although I was afraid of him killing or a police stopping us, I was more afraid of losing Sebastian. What would I even do if I see him? I doubt I can talk his father out of taking him away. I'm so confused and scared right now. Ryder had my hand in hers all through the journey and by the time we arrived, we saw doors wide open and some luggage outside. The relief that washed through me was unmistakable.

He's still here.

As we rushed over to the front door we ran into the maid. She gasped upon seeing us, the look of surprise clearly written on her face.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Ma'am-- Nanny-- please we need to see Sebastian." I pleaded.

"I'm sorry but Sebastian isn't here anymore and I strongly advice you leave before you get into any trouble. Please leave." She urged pushing at us with her hands.

"No, I need to see him." I protested. "Sebastian! Sebastian can you hear me?!"

"Shut up. You don't want to do that." The Nanny warned, glaring at me.

"Sebastian!" Ryder shouted, joining in together with me. "Sebastian! Sebastian!"

"What in the world is going on here?" A deep voice boomed cutting our screams off and soon enough, a tall man dressed in crisp tailored suit appeared. It didn't take a seer to tell that this was Sebastian's father. The mole in my happiness. "Penny, what's going on?"

Penny, the nanny eyes widen and she quickly pointed at us. "Sir, it's these kids. They are making a fuss about seeing Sebastian."

His blue-gray eyes that were a lot darker found us and he looked at us one by one, before coming to rest on my face. "As she must have said, my son Sebastian is not here. You all should leave, this is no time."