Black and White

JENNIE's POV
"Nini. The hairdressers will be bere by 1pm." Mom said.
"How about makeup artist?" I asked.
"It's a masquerade Nini. And do you really want to show your face? In a masquerade party?"
"Uhm no. Why did the Kang's decided to have a masquerade?"
"Kangs?"
"Dad told me its his friend Kang that is holding the party."
"He told you that? I'm not sure why he did but its not the Kangs. It's the Kims."
"I am sorry who?"
"Kims of Korea."
"What?!"
"Yes. And I guess she will be there too. Well of course, she is the vice president after all."
"Who? She? What she. I don't know who you're talking about mom."
"Nini dear, your dad tells me everything. It's okay. Mommy understands okay? It's a masquerade so I am pretty sure if ever you see each other you wont know unless you talk." Mom said and I get close to her and hugged her.
"I don't know Mom. It still hurts."
"Nini.. Everything will be okay alright? Don't worry. If ever you are not ready to talk to her, you can just see her from afar. If you are ready, then go to her. We didn't tell them that you will attend."
"But why did you and Dad told me to come here?"
"Well.. It's your Dad.. Anyway, I have to go somewhere. I'll have your cousin Jinhwan escort you okay? We'll meet at the party. If you need anything, just call us okay?"
"Okay Mom. Thanks. Love you."
"Love you dear."

The hairdressers came and helped me with my hair and dress. I wasn't really paying attention of how I look and I was busy browsing at the photos I took yesterday from the city.

The door knocked and Jinhwan Oppa came in.
"Wow Jennie! Long time no see! Woah! Look at you! You look like a White Swan!!" Oppa, hyped as always.
"Oppa! You look good with your tux too. Do I really look like a White Swan?"
"See for yourself!" Oppa faced me to the mirror and I really can't believe it but the dress Mom gave me is really nice and how they fixed my hair is just amazing.
"Here's your mask, Madamesoille." The hairdresser placed the mask on my face and wow, i cant even tell its me.
"Unrecognizable! Thats what Aunt Mina told me. She also told me not to tell people who you are." Jinhwan oppa said then winked.
"Do you know the story too?"
"Uhuh! Uncle Jeffrey told me."
"What the.."
"Jennie, it's okay. I understand. Don't worry. Oppa will be here if ever things are different okay? Lets go now?" Oppa reached his hand and we went to the car.

JISOO's POV
"Why are you wearing black on Christmas Kim Jisoo?!" Dara Unnie has been scolding me why I chose a black dress.
"Christmas was days ago Unnie."
"It should have been red!"
"Ughhh. Unnie, I like black."
"No! You like purple."
"Jinja. Unnie, your husband is looking for you. Go now. Jinja..."
"Arrasseo! Its your life." Ugh. I guess Dara Unnie being pregnant is a headache. im glad how patient Jiyong Oppa is with her.
After preparing I was just sitting in my room playing mobile games then someone knocked on the door.
"Come in." I said.
"KIM JISOO!!!" Seulgi came in and hugged me.
"Look at you! Black princess!! you should've worn a crown!"
"Yah. Seulgi~ya. Did you forget? I am a King. Pabo."
"Oh right. Haha. Yah, Junhoe has been looking for you. And he knows you wore black. Sooo, be careful."
"Why is he so annoying?! Ugh. Can't believe he is in the guest list."
"I know right? It's been 3 weeks and he is still annoying you."
"If he is not the son of Dad's business partner, I really would report him as a stalker."
"You should do that already."
"Soon!"

"Miss Jisoo? Miss Seulgi? The party will be starting already." One of the event coordinators told us.
"Mask on Bear. You should've worn a bear costume. Oops. You dont need one!"
"What?! Why?!"
"You like one. Hahaha. Kidding. Lets go."
"Aishhhh!! Oh before i forget to tell you, she might be here. So be ready."
"I doubt it. Anyway, let's hope for the best."

JENNIE's POV
"Jennie. Just go straight ahead okay? I'll just have to meet someone." Jinhwan Oppa said.
"Okay." I don't mind being alone tho. I have a mask on and no one will ever know me with this. They were taking pictures of whoever comes in. I was suppose to just walk straight ahead but when I stepped in the entrance, everyone looked at me. All of the people attending are wearing masks. Even the waiters and photographers too.
"This way Madame." They were guiding me where the photoshoot is.
I confidently posed and all of them were taking pictures. After that, I head straight to where the food is because I was so hungry already. The hall was so huge and there are a lot of people with their fancy gowns and tux. Everyone was wearing bright colors. I can't seem to find mom and dad because of the mask. Also, I don't know anyone around me.

I was busy filling up my plate with sweets and was eating them slowly as well. I was enjoying the food and the music then suddenly a girl in black dress and black mask ran towards me and hide behind the curtain at my back.

"Hey Princess White, if anyone looks for a girl with black dress tell them you haven't seen one. Arrasseo??" The girl said while she was hiding behind the curtain which was behind me.
Then a guy with a yellow tux asked me..
"Hey have you seen a girl in all black?" He asked. I shook my head.
"Oh okay... Jinjaa, where is the love of my life!" Then he went away.
"Waaaah. Jinja! Thank you!" She was about to go out then the guy in yellow was approaching me again.
"Hey if ever you saw her, just let me know okay?" He said then I nodded. Then he looked at the curtain.
"Is someone there?" He asked. I shake my head and I pointed my dress is stuck.
"Oh okay. Gotta go now." Then he went away. Aish.
I continued filling up my plate then I saw him again, for the third time. Suddenly someone held my hand.
"He wont stop coming back to you. Come on follow me." The girl in black said. Then I realized, the deep voice really sounds familiar. I was just following her. Behind the curtain was actually a door. Then I saw a beautiful garden. There was no one around. She led me to a table for two.
"You look hungry. You should continue eating here. Can I have some?" She asked. I looked at my plate and it was pretty full with sliced cakes. I just nodded at her.
"Sorry about earlier. He was so obsessed. We just met like 3 weeks ago and he's been following me like crazy. He's not even my type. Ugh." I was just listening to her. And I looked at her lips. Heart-shaped lips. Is this Kim Jisoo?
"Hey. Are you that hungry that you don't talk?" She asked. I touched my neck and shook my head.
"Ohhh you dont have a voice? And you are eating sweets? Tsk. Tsk. Thats not good. So if you wont talk then let me just do the talking here. Haha. Hey. You have something on your mouth." I was trying to wipe it but then she pulled out her handkerchief and wiped my mouth. I looked at the handkerchief.. It looked so familiar..
"Oh. Yeah. I know.." I widened my eye.
"I mean.. this flowery handkerchief doesn't go with my black dress.. Someone so important gave this to me. Earlier this year I met someone. Someone who changed how I view what love is. But.. she ran away. I am not sure why. But maybe she was scared. You see, I confessed to her. But at that time, I was also scared. I tried to be brave and told her I like her. After all the trauma I had with my past relationship, I was also unsure.. The next day, she ran away. I didn't even know how she feels. I..I miss her so much.." Kim Jisoo.. Kim Jisoo said.. This is Kim Jisoo... I am pretty sure.. I saw a tear on her cheeks, behind her mask, she was crying.. I am so sorry Jisoo.. I missed you too.. So much... I wish I am also brave enough to tell you..
She took off her mask and wiped her tears. Then she looked at me.. Kim Jisoo. She is so pretty. She gazed at me with her sad eyes. Then she smiled at me.
"Sorry for the drama White Princess. Uhm. We just met and I already cried. Haha. I am Kim Jisoo by the way." She reached out her hand.. I receieved her hand with my two hands.. I badly miss this girl. If I could just hug her tight and tell her that I love her.
"Oh I have something to give you. Dad gave me two rings this Christmas. He told me to give the other one to the person I like.. But I guess I am never going to see her here. But since you listened to my drama patiently and saw me cry, I will give the other one to you as a gift. Give me your hand.." I reached my right hand.. Then she placed the ring on my middle finger..
"Oh, it doesn't fit." Then she tried it on my ring finger..
"There.. Let's be friends okay?? And even if you couldn't talk, can you atleast show me your face?" Oh no. Nope. I stood up and shook my head. I think I have to go now..
"Hey! Where are you going." She came close to me and was about to remove my mask. No! She shouldn't see me!! I pulled her hand that was about to reach my mask and pull her close to me then I hugged her..

I hugged her so tight..

There was silence.. I don't know for how long I hugged her.. But I really need to go..

I released from the hug.. I cupped her face..

Then I kissed her..

I closed my eyes.. turn my back then I ran to where the exit is.. I didn't look back..

I ran so fast.. reached the parking lot, looked for my driver..

"Ahjussi, please bring me back to home.. Make it fast.. Please.."

Then I left, again.