3. Friendly Gesture?

Trinity

"How about this?" I asked Leslie holding up a baby blue bodycon dress that stopped just below my knees.

She tilted her head and frowned folding her arms. She shook her head no and I continued rummaging through my closet along with her to find an outfit for lunch with Don. After our conversation last night I didn't mind going out this him really it was just the fact that Jay would always question my whereabouts and what I'm doing when we're not together. I figured maybe Don could be a nice male friend to have. Nothing more nothing less just strictly friends. Even though I couldn't stand Jay at times, it was always something that made me fall for him again.

I remember the day we met it was funny, but we clicked as soon as we crossed paths.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Come on Trinity we don't have time for that." Leslie spoke attempting to pull me in the opposite direction of the souvenir shop.

"But ma said she wanted something. It won't take that long Les." I whined

"Nooo. I have to get to the beach house he left the doors unlocked for us. I told him we would be there thirty minutes ago." She pulled me towards the uber and we got in. I guess it could wait until the end of our trip.

We had just graduated from high school and wanted to take a vacation. Luckily, Leslie's uncle owned this beach house right off of Jersey Shore beach. He let us use it for a couple of weeks. We really needed this and I honestly couldn't wait to get there and relax. 10 minutes later we arrived outside of a three story home. It was so beautiful that a smile crept on my face, I could only imagine how it looked inside.

We grabbed our bags and walked up the front steps to the door. Leslie struggled to turn the door knob. She rolled her eyes and dropped her bags and pulled out her phone. She scrolled down her contacts before tapping a name and putting it up to her ear.

"Uncle Wayne, I thought you said you left the doors unlocked...Well it don't look like it." She paused for a while before putting her hand on her hip.

"You sure you did?... Okay its still locked I know what a locked door feels like...Uncle Wayne just tell me where the spare is...Okay. I heard you." she spoke before going to the mail box and lifting up a false base to grab the key. She sucked her teeth before speaking again

"Bye Uncle Wayne... I love you too." She hung up and shook her head.

"Girl my uncle is so damn difficult. Act just like my momma." She unlocked and opened the door before letting me go in. She grabbed her bags and brought them in before putting the key back and closing the door.

I stood in the living area that was connected to the kitchen it was so beautiful and welcoming. I couldn't stop smiling if I wanted to. I wandered around the home in awe.

 I wandered around the home in awe