13. Home Not So Sweet Home

Omniscient

Dave stretched his arms and squinted as a result of the sun beaming through his bedroom window. He had only gotten atleast two to three hours of sleep. It was nights like that, that he dreaded because all of his dark thoughts and memories would consume him. He was currently alone in bed and heard music playing down stairs. He had already guessed that it was Trinity by the choice of music that was being played. He rolled over and grabbed his phone off the nightstand. Unlocking it he scrolled through the various messages from Jeremy, his mom, and Tonique.

Tonique was another story for another time, but it wouldn't be the last time her name is mentioned. Dave read the messages and replied to all of them. Jeremy wanted to meet up with him today and dead whoever broke in to Dave's crib real quick. Dave kicked his legs off of the bed and walked out of the room going down stairs. He walked through the living room to see pandora playing Beyoncé on the smart tv. He proceeded to the kitchen and watched Trinity as she she sang and danced making an omelette.

"That better be for me." His deep voice startled her as he walked up behind her.

"Shit, you scared me, don't do that." She held one hand on her chest while the other gripped the spatula. He laughed and hovered over her.

"So is this mine?" He raised a brow smirking at her.

"Nope." She laughed before flipping it over and turning the setting to low.

"So that's how you do me in my own damn house?" Dave joked and laughed rubbing his hands together.

She nodded and cut the stove off before looking through cabinets for a plate and a fork. He reached over her and grabbed a plate out of the cabinet and sat it down for her.

"I could've got that." She playfully rolled her eyes and continued to fix her plate.

"Yeah aight munchkin." He said before walking out.

In reality he wasn't really hungry and come to think about it he didn't really have an appetite for the past week. He ate snacks here and there, but never a full meal. He had too much on his mind to stop and delay plans. Trinity on the other hand was so called living her best life sneaking around with Dave.

She had no complaints, besides Jay, and thought her life was on an okay path. She didn't hear from him since Vegas, which was almost a whole week. There were no texts no calls, nothing. She definitely wasn't sad about that, but she was worried if something happened. She had made up in her mind that she would go home today and check on him. It probably didn't seem right because its like she had her cake and wanted to eat it too. It was just a little bit of guilt that started to affect her, but she had been away from home for a while now.