4. Feelings (Part 1)

Omniscient
(days later; Sunday)

Trinity sat at the top of her bed biting her bottom lip trying not to smile at the corny texts Dave or Don, as she knew him, was sending her. They had been texting and talking nonstop since their lunch date. Leslie had convinced her to take more risks in life. So here she was putting her relationship with Jay on the line. He had no clue that she had became friends with another man. He was slightly, but surely insecure of himself. He had no absolute reason to be, he was the type of guy any girl would've wanted. He was fine, had a nice body, and was hopefully faithful. The only things he could've been missing was affection or a hustle. He was terrible at showing how he felt towards Trinity at this point in their relationship. He also, had very little work ethic compared to Trinity's.

Trinity was big on having some kind of hustle and it just wasn't in Jackson. Both of them were blind to the problems in their relationship and it would be just about too late for them to realize and fix it. At the moment Trinity was about to get ready to meet her motherand brother for dinner, but she was sidetracked by Dave.

Don🙄- You know my birthday coming up mama😏

Trin😍- really, when?

Don🙄- the 3rd. I want you and Les to come turn up with me

Trin😍- Mhm we'll see

She locked her phone tossing it on the bed as she stood up. She entered her closet to find the appropriate outfit for dinner. She eventually settled on a grey cropped tank top and some ripped blue jeans. She let her feet hit the cold bathroom floor before pulling out all her products to slick back her long hair.

 She let her feet hit the cold bathroom floor before pulling out all her products to slick back her long hair

She looked over her outfit before slipping on her sandals and going to grab her phone. She texted Don telling him she would talk to him later. As if on que Jay appeared leaning against the door frame of her bedroom.

"Where you going?" his voice bounced off the walls.

"To have dinner with my mother and brother." She simply answered grabbing all of her belongings before squeezing past him. He followed hot on her tail.

"You wasn't gone invite me?" he chuckled cluelessly.

"No I wasn't, because its not the right time." She answered he folded his arms and frowned

"What do you mean?"

"Jay can this wait, please?" She was getting irritated by the second. He closed his mouth before nodding and kissing her forehead before she got a text that her uber was outside. She left Jay in her apartment locking it up before she was on her way to her mother's home.

When she arrived she got out and slowly walked to the burgundy door. Her heart rate sped up as she wondered who would open the door to greet her. She really hoped it was her mother because she didn't want to be alone awkwardly with her brother. They literally haven't spoken in person since her second semester in college, they always texted, but even that was kept to a minimum.