19. Who Run It

(A Week Later)

Omniscient

After all the chaos and emotions flowing everywhere, things finally died down for Trinity amd Dave. They had continued to spend everyday together. They didn't have a title for what they were doing, but this was something intimate. Anyone could see that. As for Leslie and Jeremy they continued to break up to makeup.

Dave continued to treat Trinity like the queen she was, but he refused to take it further for the simple fact that he wanted her way more than just friends with benefits and he knew that it would not work especially not with him having to be in the streets more. He did not need the pressure or concern of her wondering if he would be home or what was going on. Not that he felt she was going to bug him. He felt that it would come back to hit him where it hurts if he were to put a title on their growing relationship.

They often say that families are off limits, but in Dave's city that was not the case anymore. Although Dave stuck with that moral, the young niggas that had just started stepping on the scene had no heart or guidance whatsoever. Dave never wanted his family or loved ones to be pulled into this life and it was not happening anytime soon because the things that were about to take place would wake the city and overflow it with violence.

"Dave!" Trinity yelled from the kitchen towards the bedroom. She had basically moved in with him after being discharged from the hospital and she started to become her old self again minus the haunting of Jay.

Sometimes in the back of her mind she wished she had just listened to her brother and at this point she felt they would never become best friends again. Terrance would check on her from time to time, but their interactions were minimal.

"Wassup mama." He responded deeply approaching her from behind with only sweatpants and socks on. Trinity wanted so bad to be with Dave after what he did for hed over these past few months. She thought after all he was right when he said they would be fucking with each other for a long time. He was confident in these things, but right now he wasn't even sure if that was possible. At times he believed she would always be there, because she never left his side after everything that happened, but he felt like with her pursuing a real career she did not need the extra drama that came with him and the streets.

She on the other hand felt that she could balance both lives if it ever came down to that. After all this bad boy lifestyle is what drew her to him in the beginning. He intrigued her and still does because no matter how much time they have spent together he still has a log of mystery to his life that she hasn't uncovered just yet. He did not plan on her knowing more until he knew she was ready to be with him through thick and thin.

"What would you consider us?" She turned to face him as she dried her hands of the dripping water from washing dishes. As many times as he had heard this question he all of a sudden had no precise answer, that he knew wouldn't make her look at him differently. He shrugged after a small silence and thought of the words that would best describe how he wanted them to be.

"I wouldn't say we in a relationship. I got love for you and want to look out for you and make sure you straight all the time. For however long you allow me to. But at this point in my life I can't take it further than what it is now only because I want to make sure you safe." He spoke in all honesty knowing that his honesty and realness was something that attracted her to him. She nodded accepting the answer, but curious as to why this particular time was not good for him. She a quick thought ran through her mind, but that wasn't like him so she shook that out of her head.