01

Disclaimer: Trigger Warning. Read at your own risk.

Ruka (3)

The door to my cell creaked open a bit. Reign popped her head in. "Morning."

I looked away from her, putting my head in my knees.

The door shut closed and when I slightly looked up, Reign was standing in front of me holding a bowl.

"I brought you breakfast." She said. The bowl she held in her hand had soup inside. When I didn't react, she put the bowl in my face. "You know I'm not supposed to be bringing you this much food. You're only supposed to eat once a day."

I didn't say a word to her. I never have. For the past three weeks, she's the only person I've had human contact with. And I don't talk to her.

"You're right. You don't eat the food anyway, so why do I even bring it?" She walked over to my bed and sat down next to me.

Reign pointed to my arms. "They look good."

I looked down to my arms and scars were starting to form. After I stopped scratching them, they started to heal.

She handed me the bowl. "Can you just take one bite?"

In the beginning, Reign acted bad and tough. But I guess I started to warm up to her. I'm not saying she likes me, but she doesn't hate me.

"You do know why I bring you all this food, right?"

I do. I've lost I don't know how many pounds, but it's enough for people to know I'm not healthy. My cheek bones were poking out, my jawline looked unnatural, my hands could easily wrap around my wrists.

Disclaimer: no offense to anyone who has very defined cheek bones or any petite body parts in general. If you've seen the movie To The Bone, her image is kind of what I'm going for, but not exactly. you are beautiful, thank you.

And my eyes didn't help with anything. They're always red and puffy. The bags under my eyes because of my lack of sleep were darker than my cell.

But I didn't care.

"People die from starvation."

I drink water. I'm hydrated.

"And when's the last time you really slept?"

A few days ago.

"I can't help you if you don't talk to me."

I don't want your help.

Reign sighed as she stood up. "I'll see you in a few hours."

When she walked out of my cell, I laid down on my side, hugging my knees. I watched the light shining through the door. My eyes started to feel heavy, but I refused to sleep.

Every time I felt my eyes start to close, I pinched my skin.

I wiped the tear that rolled down the side of my face. Truly, I'm surprised I still have any.

>>>

I jumped when my cell door opened. I sat up and looked around. I think I fell asleep. I know it only lasted a short time.

"...you have company."

Reign cautiously opened the door before stepping in. A guard behind her stepped in afterward, closing the door behind them.

Did she finally get caught?

I didn't move from the bed. I crisscrossed my legs and rested my arms down on my legs. Reign waited for me to say something, but I didn't. I just waited.

"Talk to her." Reign whispered, pretty loudly night I add, to the guard.

The guard took a few steps toward me. "It's really nice to see you again, Ruka."

The voice was a males, but it didn't sound familiar to me.

"It's been awhile since we've seen each other. I-"

"-how is she going to know who you are with your helmet on, genius." Reign interjected.

The guard sighed before taking off his helmet.

Though I wanted to make a reaction, I couldn't. I continued to sit here on the bed with a blank stare.

"It's me... Hiko. You remember me, right?"

"You sure you know her?" Reign cocked a brow.

"Yes, I'm sure." Hiko replied before he took a few more steps toward me. He slowly sat down next to me on the bed. His eyes wandered down to my arms. I crossed them to hide the scars. Hiko then looked up to me. "I can see you're in a bad place right now. Which is understandable. You don't have to talk, just listen."

I wasn't going to.

"When I heard that a girl from the Water Tribe was imprisoned, I didn't really think much of it. It could've been anyone. But as time went on, rumors spread that the Princess herself put you in here. And the only Water Tribe girl I know who has a special connection with the Royal Family is you. So I spied around for a few days and connected the dots to Reign. And now I'm here."

"I thought he could make you feel... like yourself again?" Reign added.

How ignorant can she be...

"Do you want to tell me why you're in here?" Hiko asked me. "What happened to you and Zuko?"

I choked at his name. I wiped the forming tears from my eyes before laying down, resting my head on Hiko's thighs.

It feels nice to feel someone else's body warmth. It's so cold in here.

"How was she involved with the Prince?" Reign asked Hiko.

"That's... not a story I think she wants to relive." He replied. "She'll tell you when she's ready."

"It's been almost a month. Not even a peep has come out of her."

"I don't know what's wrong with her either, but," Hiko sighed, "Something is killing her from the inside."

"How do you know?"

"You just have to know her."

I don't know myself anymore either, Hiko. I don't think I ever will.

Side Note: Hey readers! This is the official chapter, I can't believe it! Also, I just published this maybe what? Yesterday or something??? and it already has more than 600 reads & 60 votes!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING !? THAT'S INSANE!