34

Ruka (3)

I paced back and forth in my room while biting my fingernail. Now the thought of Zuko and I being alone basically the whole night just made me want to throw up my lunch.

I didn't think he'd want to stay with me - alone. But that's exactly what he wants.

"Can you calm down?" I turned around and Toph was at the doorway. "You're basically causing an earthquake."

"Sorry, sorry." I sat down on the bed. "I'm just nervous."

"About what?" She crossed her arms and leaned on the frame. "Not that I really care, but you don't seem to have a lot of people to talk to."

"Thanks." I shook my head slowly before sighing, "I'm scared to be alone with Zuko tonight."

Toph cocked a brow, "Isn't he like your boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend." I responded quickly. "I don't know, I just feel like it'd be kinda awkward or something."

"Because of what you two did?"

I widened my eyes and stood up. "Wha- What do you mean?" I chuckled nervously.

"Hello." She pointed to her feet. "You're not entirely new here."

"Toph, I'm so sorry."

She scoffed. "You should be. You're a loud one."

My mouth fell and I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs.

"Apology accepted though and your secret is safe with me. But if you don't want to stay with lover boy, then just go out with us." Toph shrugged.

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, yeah. If there's a bunch of people around then we don't have to talk about it." I finished with a smile. It was gone in a second though.

"That didn't stop you two that night."

"Toph." I pointed behind her. "Out."

"Whatever, sweet cheeks."

When she turned around and left, I groaned and fell back onto the bed.

>>>

"We should go out tonight."

Zuko looked up at me, his face all wet as he was in the middle of rinsing it. I handed him a towel with a smile.

"You changed your mind?" He furrowed his brows, taking the towel.

I nodded. "Yeah, it sounds like fun."

"But I thought you didn't want to see, y'know."

"I don't. But I do want to see what my brother and sister did while I wasn't there."

Zuko put the towel around the back of his neck and tugged at the ends. "Okay."

The tips of his hair dripped down, almost looking like sweat. I started to feel my cheeks get hot.

I cleared my throat, "Okay. See you tonight." I turned quickly and sped fast with my head down.

>>>

We arrived at the theater later that night. Lanterns shined nicely around us - the theatre was large.

After we paid for our tickets, we walked in and sat at the balcony away from other people.

Sokka, Thalia,, Suki, and Haru sat in the back while the rest of us sat in the front. Of course, Zuko plotted down next to me. Katara and I were in the middle.