28

Ruka (3)

"You're up early."

I turned my head over my shoulder and saw Zuko standing behind me. I turned back around and continued to fix my hair. "I'm still having trouble sleeping in."

Zuko made his way next to me and sat down on his knees. "Your hair's growing nicely."

I watched my hair from my reflection and he was right. It looks silky and my pretty, natural waves are coming back.

"I miss you."

I sighed, "Me too."

Zuko didn't expect my response as his eyes slightly widened. I let my hands fall down into my lap as we stared at each other.

"Ruka, can-"

Suddenly, the whole temple trembled.

"What's going on?" I asked as we both stood up. The action made everyone wake up from their sleep.

Zuko and I watched Aang close the temple doors to protect us from the bombs being thrown from the other side.

"Ruka!" I turned and Haru yanked me by the arm into his chest. We watched the rocks crash to the floor just where I was standing.

I looked up at him and nodded before removing myself from his arms. With Toph, he created a tunnel into the wall.

"C'mon, we can get out through here!" Toph yelled.

Everyone began to make their way into the tunnel.

"What are you doing?!" Aang exclaimed as Zuko was running outside.

"Go ahead. I'll hold them off!" Zuko responded.

"Wait!" I widened my eyes as I tried to run forward, but Haru wrapped his arm around my stomach. "Ruka, no."

Zuko shook his head slowly at me. "I think this is a family visit."

My brother and sister ran to Aang to help him bring in Appa. After a few minutes of struggling, Aang dropped the reigns. "I can't get him to go in there! Appa hates tunnels."

"Aang, there's no way we can fly out of here." Katara said.

"We have to find a way!"

"We need to split up."

Sokka turned and met us at the tunnel. "Take the tunnel and get to the stolen airship."

"No!" Katara exclaimed. She stomped over to us. "The Fire Nation can't separate our family again!"

"It'll be okay." My father said as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "It's not forever."

Katara gave our father a quick hug before running back to Aang. Sokka and I did the same then my brother grabbed Thalia's hand and I grabbed Haru's. I didn't realize what I did until we were running to join the others.

We all hopped onto Appa's saddle as Toph was finding a way out for us. "I can clear that away and we can fly out through there!"

"I know your blind and all so I'll be the one to tell you that there's a deathly amount of fire in that direction." Thalia said.

"We'll get through." Aang sounded determined which made my nerves calm down slightly. "Lets go!"

Appa flew through the wall and Toph used her bending to shield the front of him. Once we were in the air, we all turned to see who the attackers were and Zuko was right. Azula stood on an airship.

"I really can't stand her." I said.

A few seconds later, we saw Zuko get lifted up by another airship. The two siblings stared at each other intently before Zuko ran and jumped to the other airship Azula was on.

On our side, we were all dodging attacks left and right. I kept my eye on Zuko, however, making sure he was okay.

After a minute or two, there was a giant explosion made from them. My eyes widened when I saw him thrown back and into the mist. "Aang! Down there, hurry!" I yelled.

Appa then swerved down and flew under Zuko. I reached my hand for his and pulled him down. When he fell onto the saddle, we watched Azula continue to fall.

"She's not gonna make it." Zuko said.

Azula then blasts fire from under her feet to propel herself to the cliff side and uses some sort of sharp object to stop herself.

"Of course she did." Zuko sighed. He turned to Haru who sat closely next to me. Haru simply nodded while Zuko just looked away.