35

Ruka (3)

I was sitting with everyone on the steps of the house while Aang and Zuko trained. I was helping Katara prepare the watermelon juices.

"I said, roar!" Zuko ordered Aang.

Aang bursts out fire from his mouth and hands and it made me impressed. Zuko only nodded, but I clapped for him. "That was pretty crazy, Aang!"

"Who wants a nice cool glass of watermelon juice?" Katara asked everyone.

"Ooh, ooh, me, me, me!" Aang started to run over to us, but Zuko held him back by his shirt. "Hey, your lesson's not over yet! Get back here!"

"Come on, Zuko, just take a break. What's the big deal?" Suki asked him. I began to pass out the watermelons.

Zuko drops Aang back down to his feet. "Fine."

He wasted no time getting to us. Katara hands Aang a watermelon as I watch Zuko get all grumpy.

"If you wanna lounge around like a bunch of snail sloths all day, then go ahead!" He walked away angrily and I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe Zuko's right. Sitting around the house has made us pretty lazy. But I know just the thing to change that-" Sokka stands up and rips open his clothes. "Beach party!"

I chuckled, "I'll meet you guys there!"

I got up and turned around to go into the house to find Zuko. I looked around for a little until I found him in a room.

"Hey." I smiled, walking over to him. "Do you want to join us?"

"For what?" He asked.

"A beach party. It was Sokka's idea."

Zuko groaned. "I can't believe you guys are having a beach party. Sozin's Commit is around the corner!"

"Zuko, they just want to have a little fun before the unexpected happens." I reached my hand out for him but he turned away.

"There isn't any time for a 'little fun!' We have to have a plan and be prepared or we're not going to make it!"

I sighed. "Okay, you're right. I'll go talk to them." I turned around to do so, but he stopped me.

"I'll do it."

When he walked passed me and out the room, I gritted my teeth. Eeesh, this cannot be good.

I followed after him but he disappeared quickly. I was walking back to the beach when I started hearing some explosions.

I was running now and when everyone took sight of me, they just stared.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Your boyfriend's gone crazy!" Sokka threw his arms up in the air. "I made a sand sculpture of Thalia and he destroyed it!... Oh, and he's attacking Aang."

"He's just trying to prove a point." I scratched the back of neck, nervously.

"Ruka-" Katara started but I cut her off.

"I know!" I groaned. We began to look for Aang and Zuko, following the loud sounds.

On the side of the house, we saw a large gust of wind break through the wall with Zuko flying out of it.

He was holding his head when I reached down to him. "We have very different definitions of talking." I sighed as I helped him up.