09

Ruka (3)

It was time.

Iroh told me to back away as he stood up. In only a matter of seconds, he blew out fire from his mouth at the bars then kicked them open. They flew out, creating a hole in the cell letting us escape. While we jump out, two Fire Nation guards come running in.

Without even trying, Iroh took the both of them out. They fell to the floor, unconscious. Once we were outside of the room, we pull each other in for a quick hug.

"I wish you safety, Ruka."

"Good luck, Iroh."

We go in different directions. All Iroh had told me was to find the people I trust the most to leave with. But he didn't tell me who they were. Iroh wanted me to figure it out for myself, which frustrated me but it is what it is.

"You!"

A guard much bigger than I was stopped right in front of me. I wait for him to attack first, and when he does, I dodge it. I put my hands out and when I had control of him, I throw him to the sides of the walls.

He watches me in horror as I continue running. 

I only had to blood bend a couple more people because when the Eclipse started, no one gave me a hard time.

I was probably running for five minutes in different directions. I couldn't find anyone who I remotely trusted. A small voice in my head told me to just give up and leave on my own. But curiosity killed the penguin. Keep going.

"Where's Ruka!?" I stop in my tracks. I concentrate on the voice and where it's coming from. "Answer me!"

"Sokka," I couldn't control the smile that formed on my lips. "Sokka," I run faster than I ever could. I was afraid I'd lose him.

"Where are you keeping her!?"

I'm close. I'm so, so close. Keep going. Keep going.

I stop when I see Azula against the wall. Sokka was in her face, angry as ever. Behind him stood one of the girls that was with them the day Iroh got hit. My eyes averted to the bald monk standing confidently.

Aang.

I widened my eyes, "You're alive!"

They all turn to me.

A wide grin was plastered on Sokka's face as we ran to each other. I wrap my arms his neck and he twirls me around. When I pull away, I examine him. His undercut had grown out and he was wearing our Tribe's Warrior uniform. "You look good, brother."

I look behind him at Aang. He was in a different outfit than the last I'd seen him. Though he may not look it so much, he matured greatly.

Tears begin to form in my eyes when I touch his shoulder. I lightly laugh, "You're really alive. I-I thought you-"

Aang nodded, "I know."

A loud explosion was heard and we snap our heads in that direction. Azula smirks, "Oh, sounds like the Fire Bending's back on." She kicks out a stream of fire then blasts us with another.

Before it could hit Sokka, the girl pushes him out of the way. Azula breaks out of her restraints that held her wrists against the wall then swiftly jumps down.

Just as I was about to blood bend her, her devious smile made me lower my hands. "Dad's all the way at the end of the hall then down a secret stairway on the left. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to see you now." She runs off in the opposite direction.