33

I woke up cold. I looked around to see no Dean in the room with me "Dean!" I shouted and no one came.

I got dressed in one of Deans flannels and walked into the library of the bunker to see no one around, no sign of Dean or Sam anywhere. Not even Castiel.
"SAM?!" I shouted. No one.
I grabbed my phone and dialled Deans number
Ring...

Ring....

Ring.....

D: baby, I know we left you at the bunker by yourself and...I'm sorry

Y: Dean. What the hell! At least tell me or leave a note or something.

D: I know. Sam and I will be home soon, we're just in the next town over

Y: okay, please be careful.

D: I'll make sure Sam's safe, okay?

Y: you have to make sure you're safe too

D: sure. I love you.

Y: I love you too

Dean hung up and I sat in one of the chairs.

A week later.

There was still no Sam or Dean to be found. I decided to phone once again.

The door to the bunker opened and I looked up to see Sam and Dean walking in, I hung up the phone. Dean walked over to me and I just stared at him "Y/n, baby, we need to talk" he said and my heart raced, scared of what might come out of his mouth next.

Dean took my arm and gently pulled me to his room. I walked in and he closed the door behind him, I faced him "Y/n, we ran into abbadon while we were gone...and the only way we can kill her is with the mark of Cain and the  first blade." He said "Dean. You're scaring me" I say as I grab his hand and rest it on my waist "Crowley and I met Cain and let's just say Cain isn't really Cain anymore..." he said "meaning?"
"Meaning I have the mark" he said while looking into my eyes "Dean, why would you do that!" I yelled and his grip on my waist tightened "wait" he said softly and pulled me closer to him "I just need you to listen to me. I might not be all here in the next few weeks, I could turn into a stone cold serial killer" he said and I was now frightened "what?" I choked.

"I'm sorry" he said and pulled me into a tight hug "I love you so damn much, kid" he said "Dean, I'm only two years younger than you" I state and he just chuckles "you're still younger than me" he said and I just held him tight. I let go and he looked down at me "I'm so stupid" his voice broke and was now shaky.

Dean completely let go of me and walked past me and to the bed, sitting on it. I turned and just stared at him "I know you. Dean I know you didn't mean to do it, it was just your protective side coming out....the side that'd do anything to keep the world safe" I say as I sit down next to him "Y/n...I love you so much, but I think I need time to myself" he mumbled, trying not to break down into what seemed like tears. I slowly leaned in and kissed his cheek "of course baby" I say as I get up and walk out.

Sam just stared at me with those sad puppy dog eyes of his "Sam, please don't" I say and he looks down, hanging his head. I walk over to him and hug him "everything will be okay" I say and rub his back soothingly "I should've stopped him" Sam said
"There's nothing you could've done" I say.

Sam pulls away "I'll just have to keep Dean from doing anything that could set him off" I say
"I'm sure Dean will be able to pull through"