everybody must get stoned

"Now I know why we brought the umbrella."

.

Betty and I were huddled together under the umbrella as a virtual shit storm was erupting above us.

Russell, with General Bob on his back, and hundreds of crows, were flying overhead, shitting on all those gathered.

.

Betty and I moved back under the relative protection of a he fir tree, but still stayed under the umbrella.

.

The burial ground was filled with Indian ghosts, most, like us seeking shelter from the defalcating dive bombers.

With the exception of Chief Chit Face / Chief Mac, who was standing in the middle of the small clearing, hands in the air, yelling, "Do not hide my people. It is good luck to have crows shit on you."

.

Russell flew down and landed on a limb above us.

.

"You shit on us and you get Calvin for a week," Betty snapped quickly.

.

Russell laughed.

"Couldn't do it if I wanted. I am officially all shit out."

.

"Good," I snipped.

"Now get all your buddies out of here, so we can move on with this thing."

Russell nodded and flew off.

.

"My son is an idiot."

.

Betty and I turned quickly, together.

I love it when we do things together.

.

The Baron was standing next to us, with two other Indian ghosts.

Like we need more ghosts.

.

The Baron spoke.

"My son, I would like you to meet Chief Rapid River. He is Chit Face's father."

.

I shook his hand.

.

"And this is Chief Golden Showers, Chit Face's grandfather."

.

Betty and I looked at each other.

We had to laugh.

.

"Sorry Chief."

.

The Chief nodded.

"No worries. I have heard it all in my time. It was not what my name meant at first. I was born in the afternoon of a golden sunset, during a sun shower.

Although I did enjoy a good shower."

.

He winked at me.

.

Betty grimaced.

.

The crows were now gone and Russell joined us again.

"All yours now Krall."

.

"Do you know that crow can talk," the Chief's said together.