Lesson 10: A Walk In The Park Could Get You New Neighbours

I walked into my house and into the living room. I sat on the sofa and started playing on my phone. I was exhausted. The walk home was so long.

I felt like I could sleep for a week. That's how tired I was. And the last thing I wanted to do was take a walk in the park.

But unfortunately my mum didn't know that.

"Amber, since your back could you please take Chloe to the park? And buy her ice-cream?" My mum asked, walking into the living room. I looked at her as if she'd grown 2 heads.

"Mum, I'm really tired, and all I want to do is sleep..." I started, but then Chloe came. And gave me her best puppy dog face. I sighed.

"Fine!" I exclaimed. Chloe and my mum cheered, and Chloe ran off, probably to get her shoes. I got up and waited for Chloe outside. I did need some exercise anyway, so a walk in the park wouldn't be so bad. Plus, I'd have time to think of a prank for Joe.

"Ready, Amber!" I heard Chloe shout and she ran outside. I sighed again and followed her. How could she be so energetic?

I ran after her, telling her to slow down. Soon we were at the park and Chloe played with a boy her age while I sat on a bench, watching her and thinking. What prank should I do for Joe? It had to be good, and something that would embarrass him a lot.

I was pulled away from my thoughts by Chloe calling me. "Amber! Come, let's feed the ducks that are in the duck pond!" She shouted, waving at me.

That's why it's called a 'duck pond' because ducks are in it not chickens. I thought, and stood up.

"Chloe, we don't have anything to give them. All I have is the money for ice-cream." I explained, and showed her the coins.

"Well, we can buy bread with the coins!" She exclaimed. What part of, 'money for ice-cream' did she not understand? I kept my hands on my hips and watched her as she ran towards me.

"You know what? Forget the bread. Let's just see the ducks!" She said, then started dragging me towards the duck pond. I yelped in surprise. Chloe was stronger than I thought!

"Clo, slow down!" I complained, using my nickname for her. But she didn't listen and dragged me faster. Then everything from there went slow motion.

We eres at the duck pond and I saw the boy that Chloe was playing with in the pond. And he didn't look like he wanted to be there. Then, I heard Joe's voice, (yes, Joe's voice) saying something but I couldn't hear anything.

All I was focused on was getting the boy out of that pond.

I started to walk in, spoiling my trainers and jeans, and reached out to the boy. He grabbed my hand I pulled him out of the water. At least not all of my jeans got wet. Then I remembered there was ducks in the pond, and they started approaching me. They didn't look happy, but to be honest, did ducks ever look happy?

Since I've never been a fan of ducks, I quickly scrambled out of the pond, with the little boy. Then that's when I saw Joe. He was smiling at me. Not his usual smirk, he was actually smiling at me.

I was so shocked that I tripped over a rock and ended up falling in the pool. Why on earth was he at the park, our park?

I got up and again and spat out some of the water, my hair and clothes dripping wet. There was gonna be a lot of explaining to do to my mum. Anyway, Chloe and Joe came to me and Joe pulled me up. Chloe asked if I was okay. I just smiled and said I was fine.

We walked away from the pond and Chloe ran off leaving me and Joe just standing there awkwardly. Especially since I was making my own little puddle standing there and I was shivering. Joe noticed this, apologized and gave me his jumper. I took it and thanked him.

"Thanks Amber," He suddenly said, smiling at me.

I looked at him curiously. "For what?" I asked.

"Saving that boy, even though he didn't need saving." Joe said. I let out a loud sneeze. Then I started coughing. Joe looked at me in concern and kept on patting my back until I stopped.

"You know that boy?" I finally asked. He nodded.

"Yeah, his mum is good friends with my mum so my mum babysits him practically everyday." He explained.

"What do you mean he didn't need saving?" I asked, glaring at the little boy. Joe chuckled.

"I'll tell you if you stop looking at John like you want to strangle him with your bare hands." Joe said. I stopped glaring and looked at him weirdly.

"That boy-SNEEZE- his name is John?" I asked. Joe nodded again, and then carried on talking.

"John was feeding the ducks and swans with you sister. Then, I don't know why, but John decided it would be okay to join them in the pond," Joe explained. I sat down on a bench and thought about what he'd said.

So, I walked into a pond, ruining my favourite shoes, to save a boy who thought he was a duck?! Then I spoiled my whole outfit by tripping on that darn rock and probably getting a cold as well?!

Somebody, bring me a long wooden stick, because I'm about to do some scolding.

I stormed up to Chloe and John, and grabbed John. Then I started whisper/shouting at him, so no-one would think he was in trouble.

"John, why on earth did you think it was okay to go into the duck pond? I'm really angry because I went in there, thinking you were in trouble and ruined my clothes also -SNEEZE- I've got a really bad fever. So next time think before you do something, okay?" I lectured, then looked at Chloe.

"Chloe! We're going home." I shouted, and then stormed to the entrance of the park. I saw John go up to Joe and they started following us.

I turned around and saw Chloe behind me, so I started dragging her with me. I turned around and saw Joe and John still following us. What were they doing? We walked quicker and soon we were at my house.

I turned around and saw Joe walking to...The house next to mine?!!

"Joe! Wait, what are you doing there?" I asked. He turned around and smirked at me.

Back to smirking, I see.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, I live here. And make sure to give me my jumper at school!" He said, winked at me then walked into the house. There was only one thing I was thinking.

Joe Smith is my next door neighbour.

JOE FUDGING SMITH IS MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR!!

Today's lesson: A Walk In The Park Could Get You New Neighbours

******

Hey guys!

Hope you enjoyed the chapter/lesson!

Joe is Amber's next door neighbour! There's gonna be a lot of drama starting the next chapter!! Remember comment, vote, share and ignore any mistakes.

Random song! Have a NICE DAY! :)