Lesson 12: Don't Accept Rides From Joe, No Matter How Late You'll Be

"Wake up, wake up, give yourself a shake up! It's a brand new morning! Reach up, jump up give your friends the thumbs up! It's an-"

I pressed the 'stop' button on my phone and sighed in relief when that stupid song stopped. The most annoying thing about it is that it makes getting out of bed and going to school sound exciting.

Liars. I sighed. Then sighed again and climbed out of bed. I walked into my bathroom with my underwear and clothes and brushed my teeth. I had a quick shower then dressed up. I brushed my hair and braided it into a loose French braid, applied some lip gloss and mascara then headed downstairs and into the kitchen.

I guess there was one good thing out mornings. The food.

"Morning honey, are you ready for another lovely day of school?" My mum, smiling at me. I looked at her. "You know, I don't think the words 'lovely', and 'school' are meant to be in a same sentence." I told her.

"Hardy har har. You're hilarious." She said dryly.

"Well, I try." I replied, grinning.

DING!

"Toast?" My mum said, and handed me a plate with my toast on it. I grinned at her and walked into the living room. I sat down and took a bite out of my buttery toast while playing games on my phone.

"You've got a message, you've got a message!" My phone said. Okay, it didn't actually say it but it- well, you know what I mean. I looked at my text message.

Unknown Number: Hey Amber.

What the heck?!

Me: Who are you and how do you know my name?

Unknown Number: You loooove me. You have dreams about me but you're to embarrassed to tell anyone or else your best friend will find out. ;)

Me: Joe, is that you?!

Unknown Number: DING DING DING! We have a winner, and it's . . . AMBER!!

Me: Funny. Really, I can't breathe.

Unknown Number: Nice to know I make you giggle. ;)

What's with the winky faces?

Me: Are you trying to flirt with me or something? The winky faces aren't affecting me.

Unknown Number: In your dreams, Amby.

Me: You did not just call me 'Amby'.

Unknown Number: You don't like it?

Me: No.

Unknown Number: Then I'm calling you Amby from now on.

Me: Is there a reason why you're talking to me?

Unknown Number: Want a ride? ;)

Me: Really. -_- No!

Unknown Number: I'll see you at school Amby!

I kept my phone in my pocket. I can't believe Joe called me Amby. Amby.

Then suddenly I had an idea. You give me a nickname, I give you nickname.

"I'm going to school now!" I shouted.