Lesson 19: Being Late For School Could Score You A Date

To say I was relived to go back to the house was an understatement. For me, what happened in the kitchen was humiliating. I couldn't believe I was about to give my first kiss to that jerk! Why did I want to anyway? Probably because I was caught in the moment...

Yeah, sure. Tell yourself lies. My inner voice said, and I rolled my eyes at myself. Great, now I was talking to the voices in my head.

Awesome.

Anyway, I ran up straight to my house after saying good night to Hugo, Chloe and my mum and into my room. I cleaned my face to get rid of the makeup and dressed up in my PJ's. Then I climbed into bed, and soon enough, I was asleep.

*****

I heard my alarm clock ringing and stopped it, nearly falling out of bed. Ugh, I hated waking up early in the morning. I climbed out of bed reluctantly and looked at the time. Oh gosh, I had to hurry.

I quickly brushed my teeth and took a shower. After drying myself off I dressed up in a red plaid dress with knee-high socks and some black shoes. I added a brown plaited belt, because the dress was a bit loose. I brushed my hair and tied it into a pony tail, grabbed all my stuff and rushed downstairs.

I ran into the kitchen and stuffed some waffles into my mouth, waving at my mum and Chloe. While I was gulping down water I called Selena. If I didn't get a ride from her, I could say hello to an hour detention for being 30 minutes late.

"Hello? Selena, is that you?" I said, putting on my jumper.

"Who is this?" I deep voice, which I recognized as Selena's brother's, asked.

"Oh h-hi! How are you doing?" I stuttered, forgetting I was already 10 minutes late because I heard his voice.

"Oh, it's you, Amber. I'm doing fine, thanks," He said, and I grinned even though he couldn't see me.

"I'm calling Selena because I need a ride to school, I'm late already so..." I trailed off, not knowing what else to say. He chuckled.

"I'm afraid Selena's already left for school, she's probably in one of her classes right now." He stated, and I mentally face-palmed. All because I was out of school, it didn't mean my friends were!

"Oh, I guess I'm walking then..." I said sadly, picking up my bag and walking out of the house.

"Well, I could give you a ride, if that's okay with you." He said quickly, and I smiled even though he couldn't see me.

"That would be great! Thanks so much..." I trailed off, still not knowing his name.

"Just tell me where you are and I'll start driving." He said. I told him my address and he said he'd be right there, and hung up. I waited patiently for about 2 minutes, which seemed like 2 hours to me, until I saw a motorbike come in view.

My jaw dropped. Not in that's-an-awesome-motorbike-I-can't-wait-to-go-on-it kind of way, in the oh-my-gosh-I-am-not-climbing-on-to-that-vehicle-even-if-someone-offered-me-a-million-dollars kind of way.

Selena's brother stopped right next to me and took off his helmet. I literally swooned at how handsome he looked. His dark hair glistening in the sunlight, his brown eyes twinkling, his cute dimple on his right cheek showing . . .

"Earth to Amber!" I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw him standing in front of me with a helmet. I blushed because I'd been caught staring at him.

Talk about embarrassing.

"Sorry, I just got distracted." I mumbled, taking the helmet from him and attaching it. He grinned at me, and I thought I was going to faint right there and then.

"Hop on then." He said, gesturing at the motorbike. I gulped, looking at it.

I needed to trust him.

You barely know him. My inner voice reminded me but I ignored it.

I was already 20 minutes late.

Motorbike = Accidents.

I would be safe with him.

You don't even know his NAME.

Okay, you got me there.

He must have seen my hesitation because he moved closer to me.

"Look Amber, I've been driving this motorbike for like, a year now, I wouldn't do anything to hurt you in any way. If you don't want to get on, I totally understand, but you've got to trust me." He said with a sincere expression.

"I don't even know your name." I replied dryly, and he chuckled.

"Okay, you've got me there." He said, and stuffed his hands in his pockets, sighing.

"My name is . . ."

(A/N THIS IS IT! THE MOMENT OF TRUTH!! Hehe I'm so excited even though I'm writing it!)

"Derek." He said, and glanced at me. I beamed at him.

"It totally suits you. Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I asked him, and he shrugged.

"Anyway, now I've told you my name, will you ride with me?" He said teasingly. I rolled my eyes at him.

"You can't blame me, I barely know you, give me a break." I said, and we started walking towards his motorbike.

"Well, how about you get to know me on a date?" He said, and I nearly fainted. This male model, was asking plain old me on a date?!

But, what about Selena?

Derek must have read my thoughts or something because he said: "Don't worry about Selena, Amber. I know we haven't known each other for long, but you're cute, sweet and funny, and I think I might like you." He said, blushing a bit. I looked at him disbelievingly.

"I'd love to!" I squealed and hugged him. He hugged me back, and I sniffed him. Man, he smelt good.

"After you, Malady." He said, gesturing towards the motorbike. I giggled.

"Thank you, kind Sir." I replied, curtsying and laughing bit before climbing on, with Derek's help of course. He started up the motorbike, and I wrapped my arms around his waist, blushing slightly.

I'd never been this close with a boy before. Well except Joe. I thought, and my mind immediately went back to last night. I

got a bit angry, remembering how embarrassed I was when Sarah and my mum walked in to find Joe laughing his guts out and me standing there with a shocked expression and a wet face.

Joe, prepare for revenge.

Today's lesson: Being Late To School Could Score You A Date

***

Hi again!

Oh, and sorry for that note in the middle of the chapter, I just wanted to create some suspense. So, did you like the Damber (Derek and Amber) moments? Or do you prefer Jamber (Joe and Amber)  moments?

Comment below! (Also ship names)

Sorry for not updating for a while, I was just stuck on how to start the chapter, I didn't know if I should carry on from the last one! Anyway, VOTE and COMMENT and FAN!! The next chapter will be coming soon!

BYE!! :D

P.S Song on the side describes how Amber feels lol!