Lesson 18: Water Fights Can Lead To Unexpected Almost Kisses

I walked up to my room, greeting Chloe and Hugo briefly, still thinking about what Alice said. True love? That made no sense at all. When I was in my room I sat down and decided to forget about the whole thing. It was probably an empty threat, nothing to be worried about.

Rumble.

I looked down at my stomach, patting it. I was hungry, no denying it. All this drama made me starving. I walked out of my room and went downstairs into the living room where Chloe, Hugo and my mum was.

"Mum, when are we eating dinner?" I asked her, and she glanced at me. Then suddenly, she face-palmed. Yes, you heard right.

"Oh yes! Thank you for reminding me Amber! We're heading over to our new neighbours house for dinner tonight!" She exclaimed, smiling. I stared at her. She couldn't possibly mean...

"Yes, the Smith's! Sarah invited us; it's going to be wonderful! John and Chloe can play together, and you and that handsome boy," She wriggled her eyebrows at me playfully and I groaned.

"Could hang out." She finished and I rolled my eyes.

"Now, go and get ready, dress up in something pretty!" She said, and I went upstairs into my room. I walked up to my wardrobe and looked through all the nice tops I had, which weren't a lot, let me tell you that.

I finally decided on a black scoop neck crop top, a dark blue skirt, knee-high black socks and some ankle-high boots. I kept my outfit on my bed, (not the shoes, of course) and decided to take a real quick shower and do my makeup.

When I'd finished showering I dressed up in my under garments and tied my robe around me. I sat down at my dressing table and took out my make up set. I applied some mascara and black eyeliner, with a bit of dark blue eye shadow. Then I brushed my hair and braided it, with some loose curls at the front.

When I finished I walked back downstairs, carrying my shoes in one hand and phone in another. I had to do something while I was there. My mum, Chloe and Hugo were in the same position as the last time I saw them except they were all dressed up and ready to go.

"So, are we going or not?" I said, and they all glanced at me, then back at the TV. Even Hugo, my own dog was ignoring me. Should I be offended? I walked up to them and looked at the TV to see what they were watching. My jaw dropped.

"Are you kidding me? You're watching Snow White without me?!" I exclaimed. Snow White was my absolute favourite Disney Film, and they were watching it without me.

Without me.

Suddenly, Hugo barked quite loudly, scaring all of us. Oh yes, that reminded me.

"Mum, who's gonna look after my dog while we're gone?" I asked her, and she looked at me in disbelief.

"We're taking him with us, of course. He'll be in their back garden." She said in a 'duh' tone. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Did you just give me sass?" I asked teasingly, crossing my arms. She rolled her eyes at me playfully.

"Sorry, mum." She said sarcastically, flipping her hair. I second of silence passed before we all burst out laughing. My mum looked at the time and gasped.

"Oh my gosh, I totally forgot the time! We need to go, like, right now!" My mum said in her whiny teenage voice, standing up and me and Chloe giggled. I love my family, even though they, (A.K.A my mum) can be a bit weird. Scratch that, really weird.