Jelly (Vkook)

(Taetae and Kookie are the same age in this one shot: 5 years old)

" Kookie, can Taetae play with Kookie?" Tae asked cheerfully, bouncing up and down.Kookie shook his head no before turning to the opposite direction. "Why?" Tae asked, clearly a bit hurt.

" Kookie no like Taetae. Taetae annoying. Now go away. Kookie want to play with Jimin" he said, shooing Tae away. Out of nowhere, Jimin came and sat next to Kookie, who was already busy stacking the blocks. Jimin pushed Tae away and stuck out his tongue before sitting next to Kookie. Tae's heart shattered into a thousand pieces that very moment. Tae walked away, hurt by what his best friend just said.

He sat in the corner of the classroom and hugged his knees. He didn't notice that tears were already streaming down his face. Other toddlers were playing and laughing with each other, while Tae was sobbing softly to himself. He didn't know why his best friend liked Jimin more than him.

Soon, his sobs were hard not to notice. The teacher, Ms Jung walked over to the crying toddler and bend down to reach his level. "What's wrong, Tae?"she asked.

"Koo-kie n-no li-like Tae-Tae. N-now Taetae sa-sad" he sobbed. She placed the sobbing toddler on her shoulder and caressed his back gently. She rubbed his back and placed gentle kisses on his cheek. But he was still sobbing his little heart out. Hearing his sobs were already too painful.

She knew she had to take action. She placed the toddler on a chair gently and said "I'm gonna talk to Kookie, okay?"as she stood up. The toddler quickly grabbed the hem of her skirt with his tiny toddler hands and shook his head.

"Ko-Kookie will ha-hate Tae-Tae ev-even mo-more" he sobbed. She shook her head and said he would not. She walked over to Kookie and Jimin who were stacking the wooden blocks up to make a castle. She pulled him aside and it left both Jimin and Kookie equally confused.

" Kookie, you will sit at time out for ten minutes for hurting Taetae's feelings and making him cry. Just look at him, he's crying so much because of you. Then, you will say sorry to him. Understand?"she asked softly yet sternly. He nodded in fear before running to the time out corner. He asked himself did he really hate Taetae?

After ten minutes, he walked over to Tae, who was still sitting on the chair Ms Jung had put him on while hugging his stuff toy, Tata and sobbing uncontrollably. Kookie did felt a bit guilty, making Tae cry like that.
He sat next to the sobbing toddler and said "Kookie sorry. Kookie didn't mean it. Kookie just jelly to see Taetae with Hobi. Taetae forgive Kookie?"

He recalled, when he saw Hobi and Tae playing together. A spark of jealousy crossed his heart. Hobi, not Kookie. He wanted to get back at Taetae but didn't expect Taetae to get hurt so much by this.

Taetae wiped his tears with his sweater sleeve and nodded lightly. Kookie immediately hugged him and Taetae giggled softly.

Taetae is happy so Kookie is happy.