Mashed Potatoes (Taekook)

Posting my oneshots from my other book, Taekook Fluff because I was really proud of it 🥺 and also why not? Sorry if it was a bit crappy. I wrote this like months ago. Anyways, enjoy~

Jungkook's soft giggles filled the living room as Taehyung pressed his fingertips into the younger's sides, tickling him.

" Dada! Stop" he giggled trying to escape his dada's hold again but failing instead getting pinned down on the couch.

Taehyung chuckled slightly before letting the younger go. It was rare for Taehyung to be at home on a Friday. I mean , he is a CEO after all. So, he thought he'll spend the day with his little Kookie.

Just then, the doorbell rang. He got off the panting little and walked over to the door.

" JIN IN THE HOUSE" Jin bursted through the door, smiling widely while carrying a little Namjoon on his back.

——————————————————————

Jungkook sat in the corner of the living room, playing with his blocks silently. No, he wasn't in time out.It was just Namjoon fell into baby space so Jin thought it was a good idea to go to Taehyung's place.

As expected, Taehyung was more than delighted to coo and fawn over the said little.
Namjoon was too little so he wasn't able to play with Jungkook , at least that's what Jin said.

So, all Taehyung and Jin could do was to fawn over every little thing that Namjoon did while Jungkook played alone.

And saying that Jungkook felt sad that his dada wasn't paying attention to him anymore was an understatement. He was supposed to be the one being fawned over by his dada, not Namjoon. It's not fair.

His thoughts were interrupted when his tower of blocks he worked so hard on got knocked down by a giggling Namjoon.

He sat there in shock, mouth wide open and his eyes filling with unshed tears. He looked at his dada, expecting him to do something. He worked so hard on his tower that he made on his own since his dada was too busy.

" it's fine. Jungkook can just build another right, Jungkook?" Taehyung said giving the pouty Jungkook a warning glare. Jungkook hung his head low as he nodded lightly. Not even gumdrop, Jungkook thought sadly.

Everything was caught by Jin. He sent Jungkook an apologetic smile before turning his attention back to his little.
——————————————————————

After another two hours of lots of cooing, Taehyung thought Namjoon was hungry so he went into the kitchen to make mashed potatoes.

"Who want mashed potatoes?" Taehyung yelled from the kitchen. Jungkook's face immediately lit up as he thought his dada didn't forget about him after all.

His hopes shattered when Taehyung entered the living room with only one bowl of mashed potatoes placing the said bowl in front of Namjoon who was chewing on the sleeve of his sweater.

It's not fair. That's Kookie's special bowl. Only Kookie's.. Jungkook thought. He wanted a bowl too so he crawled over to Taehyung, who was feeding Namjoon.

" Dada" Jungkook said. He then pointed at the bowl in Taehyung's hands then at himself. He wanted food too.

"Sorry Jungkook. I only made one" he stated before returning his full attention to the other little. Jungkook whimpered hating how he was being ignored by his dada.

He got a death glare from Taehyung as if he was saying ' don't you fucking dare' . He whimpered again before returning to his sad corner.

Tears were dripping from Jungkook's eyes as he hung his head low. He let out a tiny sniffle as he didn't want to ruin anyone's fun time. It was supposed to be their day, their special day, instead it was his dada and Namjoon's.

Jin looked up from his magazine to find a crying Jungkook in the corner pushing his blocks around, no longer wanting to play with them anymore.

He then looked to the play mat where a Taehyung was feeding a giggling Namjoon, playing with one of Jungkook's stuffie.He looked back and forth a few times before finally understanding the situation.

Jin felt a pang of guilt and regret for bringing Namjoon here. He made Taehyung ignore his little unintentionally and he was gonna fix it.

He got up from the couch and walked over to Namjoon and Taehyung. He then picked Namjoon up, carrying him on his back again.

"Well, we gonna bounce" Jin said. Taehyung questioned him looking utterly confused. Jin pointed at the poor little in the corner, who had warm tears dripping from his cheeks down his chin.

He made a o shape with his mouth, understanding everything. He bid Jin goodbye before walking over and sitting down next to the little.

Jungkook gasped softly before wiping his tears dry, trying very hard to pretend he wasn't crying a few seconds ago. He got pulled into his dada's lap before nuzzling into his neck, trying to inhale his scent.

Taehyung smiled sadly as he ran his fingers through Jungkook's soft brown hair. " Daddy's sorry, gumdrop. Daddy truly is. Daddy really didn't mean to neglect you " he started.

Jungkook just sighed and his tears were unleashed again. He looked up at Taehyung with tears streaming down his fragile face.

" dada p-promise no l-le-eave K-Kookie for J-Joon-nie " he sobbed before retreating back into Taehyung's neck.

" never gumdrop, never" Taehyung said, he himself also tearing up for hurting the poor little. He gulped his tears down and continued " dada's gonna give you cake after dinner, okay? Tomorrow, we're gonna go to the carnival"

It may sound like bribe. But it was the least he could do for hurting his precious gumdrop. Jungkook immediately lit up and nodded profusely into Taehyung's chest this time.

It was gonna be great.