46%

Mercedes P.O.V

Confusion washes over me as I stare back at the head mistress.

           "What do you mean who's Aurora? She was just at your office this morning." I stressed.

   Her face scrunched together in annoyance before speaking.

            "Mercedes you were in my office this morning, this isn't the time for games."

What the actual fuck no I wasn't.

             "We need to speak with you, come with me."  She spoke, completely disregarding my confusion.

    I walked aside Mrs.Divine with one arm in the grasp of the police officers as I was being escorted to her office.

    We walked swiftly through the campus but the only thing I could think about was Aurora. I have no idea where she went off to but I was just with her so I'm not understanding how she could just vanish.

               "Sit down."  The officer said sternly as we were now in the office.

      I let out a loud breath of air before taking a seat across from the head mistress, just like I did many months ago.

              "What am I doing in here? What could you possibly want with me?" I groaned.

      One of the police officers pulled out the flash drive that I had left in Derek's class before setting it in front of me.

              "Where did you get this flash drive? Are you aware that you displayed child pornography across the school which is a federal offense." The officer spoke causing my stomach to drop.

Get your lie straight mercy.

              "No! Like I said I thought it was my flash drive you can ask anyone who was in the class I was just as shocked as everyone else.. I would never do something of this nature someone must've switched the flash drives. Like look this one isn't even the same brand that the school provides us." I explained.

      They watched me with careful expressions before examining the flash drive.

              "If you don't believe me you can just ask Aurora she was there."

       Mrs. Divine rolled her eyes in frustration before speaking.

               "There is nobody by the name of Aurora enrolled at this school!" She exclaimed seeming more impatient than before.

               "Oh cut the mind games! Call in Mr.Luh he was our teacher." 

               "And what does he have anything to do with this." She said as she looked at me with a bit of distaste.

               "First of all it'll prove that Aurora goes here and when we find her she can vouch for me so you know I'm not lying about this damn flash drive."

     The two officers nodded towards her, giving her an approving look telling her to do so.

     Mrs.divine dialed Derek's number and called for his presence in her office. Once she ended the call we waited in an uncomfortable silence for him to arrive.