48%

"My V is for Vendetta"

Mercedes P.O.V

I'm awoken by an ear shredding scream in the distance, causing me to immediately sit up. My eyes scan my surroundings before landing on the girl facing me across the room.

She sat in her bed across from mine watching me with a curious expression. Her dark hair dangled in front of her face almost covering her crystal grey eyes.

"We don't get many new people here." She spoke out.

"Yeah well I don't plan on staying." I explained

My bare feet reached the cold checkered tile beneath me as I begin to rise to my feet. The room slowly starts to spin as I try to regain my balance.

I look around the room, seeing the four crisp white walls that surrounded us. There was nothing that filled the space, just two small beds, a window, a small bathroom and a mirror covering the ceiling.

I'm definitely in hell.

"What do you mean? Nobody ever gets out of here." She spoke softly.

I ignored her statement as I walked over to the window, looking out at the scenery amongst us. We were too high up to jump so this window isn't an option.

"My last roommate tried and pissed off the doctor, he took her to get 'examined' but she never came back. I've realized it's better to just do as your told and stay quiet. It makes your stay here less intense."

My eyebrows furrowed together as I listened to her. It sounds like I'm stuck in an episode of American horror story.

"Why are you here? You seem pretty normal." I questioned.

"I tried to kill my moms boyfriend. He was raping me so when I got the chance I poisoned his drink."

Nice.

"Tried?" I pushed.

"Yeah he didn't die, he was just induced into a coma. His family tried to press charges but the judge found me to be mentally unstable so I was sent here. " She spoke as she pushed a piece of hair behind her ear.

Tough luck kid.

After listening to her sad soap opera of a story I decided I needed to map out this place. If I wanted to get out I needed to know every inch of it. So things were going to need to be taken slow, and I absolutely needed to stay off of everyone's radar.

"I'm Ana by the way" She said as she began to approach me.

She was fairly little, her figure was quite small and petite, looking as though she had been missing meals. I scanned her body seeing the dark bags that were under her eyes and the bruises that covered her fair skin.

"Mercedes." I greeted before pausing.

"How long have you been here?" I asked as I looked at her worn down body.

Her face fell to the ground as she shrugged her shoulders in defeat.

"I'm not sure. A year maybe? They don't have clocks or anything here so it's hard to keep track of time."

Yeah I'm getting the fuck out of here.

Before I could say anything in response the door opens revealing the same two men that took me out of the hospital. One was carrying a try that had a small pill placed on it, alongside a glass of water.

"It's time for your medicine." The man spoke as he looked at me with greed in his eyes.

Sick bastard.

I wanted to refuse, and to make some smart remark back, but then I remembered what Ana said. If I wanted to get out of here I needed to stay off of everyone's radar.

My eyes fixate on the small pill, trying to convince myself to take it.

I know there's nothing wrong with me so what kind of effects will this have on my body? Probably make me actually go insane.

I grab the small pill and place it on my tongue, then quickly close my mouth and stuff in behind my lip before taking a sip of water.

"Open your mouth." The other man said.

I obeyed his instructions allowing him to shine a flashlight in my mouth checking to make sure I took the pill.

"Lift your tongue." He instructed having me immediately do so.

He removed the flashlight from my mouth before placing it on the tray. His eyes met with mine and there was a hint of lust hidden behind his brown orbs.

"Good job, if you continue doing as we say we won't have a problem." He said as he patted my head and walked out of our room.

Once they were completely out of the room I swiftly walked over to the bathroom and spit out the pill I had hidden away behind my lip. My eyes then met with reflection in the foggy mirror seeing my sick appearance.

        My lips were turned purple and crusted over like it hadn't met moisture in weeks. My once radiant olive skin was pale and shabby looking implying that it hasn't seen the sun in quite some time. My hair was no longer voluptuous and full of life, instead it was flat and dead like I would be if I didn't get out of here.

I walked back over to where Ana was and decided I could use her to my benefit. After all she does know this place better than I do and if I had any hope on getting out of here any time soon I was going to need some help.

"Ana, we're going to get out of here" I informed.

She immediately shook her head in disagreement which really took me by surprise.

"No, we can't, I don't want to piss off the doctor. He's very scary when he's mad." She said as she began to tremble

It was very evident that this girl had gone through some deep trauma with this man. But if I ever wanted to get out, if I ever wanted to get my revenge on Derek I would need her help.

"We won't piss him off, because we aren't going to get caught. We're going to keep a low profile, do everything we're told, stay as invisible as possible and make an ally with one of the workers." I explained.

               "How do you expect to do that, all the workers here are ruthless."

       I thought back to the look in the eye that worker had when he looked at me. The same look I held when I  first laid eyes on Derek.

       I knew what would needed to be done if I wanted to see the outside again. Women make the world go round and I would soon need to turn it on it's axis.

         "We're gonna just have to pull on a few heart strings."