53%

"Only seventeen but she walks the streets so mean"

Mercedes P.O.V

My eyes focused on the paved road before us, as i listened to the soft melodies escaping from the radio.

The sun was beginning to peak through the clouds above us igniting the atmosphere in which we were surrounded in. When I first began driving I was lost, lost in direction, lost in my thoughts and lost in my emotions.

While I was locked up in that house of horror, the only thing that kept me alive was Derek. He was my only source of light, the only thing that gave me hope. But now that I was finally free and I'd soon be faced with him I wasn't sure how to react.

All the anger, pain and betrayal I felt towards him began to resurface the further I drove.

I hated him for sending me away and turning his back on me. But in hindsight I thanked him for keeping me safe, even if it was only in my dreams. Because even through all the pain and despair I felt in that place because of him, my heart still wanted to be with his.

The want for revenge and the pit of hate I felt was nothing compared to the desperate need to be wrapped in his arms.

I loved him endlessly and I hated myself for it.

"What's wrong?" Ana asked breaking me from my thoughts.

I then realized a single tear had fallen from my eye, and had began it's travel down my cheek.

"I'm just extremely grateful we got out." I assured her as I wiped away the tear and refocused my attention on the road before me.

The scenery around me started to become more familiar as I realized we were now back in the parts of Malibu that I've become accustomed to.

"We should be getting there soon." I explained to her as I continued to drive with only my sense of memory as a set of directions.

While I was contained in the institute I lost who I was. As i sat analyzing myself I realize I'm not the Mercedes I once knew, but instead just a shell of someone I once was.

"Is that the place" ana spoke as the very large college looking architecture became apparent in the distance.

My eyes began to squint as the words "Malibu's Obedient school for rebellious children" became more visible.