35%

"I want to be the reason that you wake up happy"

Mercedes P.O.V

A smile spreads across my lips as I look at Luke one last time before we both go our different directions.

Now that I have Genesis being taken care of I just have Aurora to worry about.

I walk over to Derek before grabbing his arm and pulling him with me outside of the cafeteria and into his empty classroom.

"We need to talk" I said as I squinted my eyes at him.

"Talk then." He said as he stood on the other side of the room watching me contently.

I let a huff of air escape from the lips before speaking out.

"I don't like the way you look at Aurora."

He rose an eyebrow as he analyzed my expression.

"And how do I look at her? Please explain" he pushed.

"You look at her with lust, like you haven't gotten pussy in years. Which I know couldn't possibly be accurate since you definitely got laid twice in one night by me, just two days ago" i spoke as i kept my gaze on his tall frame.

"Maybe, but it wasn't good pussy I had to do all the work. All you did was lay there and scream to god." He said as he let a chuckle escape his lips.

I let out a frustrated groan as i made myself look past the words he allowed to come out of his mouth.

My pussy is damn good don't play yourself.

"Look all I'm saying is that I don't like the way you're looking at her. And I damn sure don't like how you had her stay after class because we both know what happened on my first day." His eyes narrowed as he looked over at me before taking steps closer.

"What makes you think I care about your concerns with me and Aurora?" he said as he was now towering over my small figure.

I took a deep breath before stepping up to him and heightening my tone of voice.

I don't know why but suddenly I'm extremely nervous around him.

"Listen, I'm just giving you a heads up. Because I would hate for anything bad to happen to that new little toy of yours." I said as I placed my hand on his shoulder.

He took another step closer to me, closing up any space we had left between us.

"Is that a threat?" He questioned as his voice got an octave deeper.

"Take it as you will, I'm just letting you know." I said as I began to create distance between the two of us. "I'll play nice, but if you keep testing me I'm gonna have to do something" I spoke as I began to make my way towards the door.

He immediately stepped in front of me, blocking me from the exit.

"Oh really? And what are you going to do?" He asked as he stood over my frame and looked down at me with dark eyes.

"Don't worry about it." I whispered softly.

Every time he gives me those eyes, I melt.

His fingers pushed my hair back and his hand rested on the side of my neck.

(Do y'all know what I mean? Like when the thumb is by the ear and the hand is on the neck but like the jawline? Idk how to explain it)

His eyes connected with mine as his teeth tugged at his bottom lip.

"Is this why you were being such a bitch to me back there? Because of her?" He asked with a smile tugging on the sides of his lips

"Maybe"

He flashed me a quick smile before pressing his lips against mine.

"Fuck you're beautiful" he muttered.

My cheeks immediately began to heat up as I my lips form into a faint smile.

"Don't worry about her, you're the one I want" he said as he looked me deeply in the eyes.

It was almost as if he was looking into my soul.

" okay" I spoke.

He swiped his tongue across his lips as he pulled my body into his, embracing me into a warm and comforting hug.

My body was immediately taken over with such triumph and exhilaration. And it was that moment, that I realized I loved him.