49%

"I'm fucking crazy, need my prescription filled"
Mercedes P.O.V

Day 183
   I'd been locked up in this institute for what felt like years. My mind and body left as though it was loosing its grasp on reality.

   I never knew the time nor day, the only way I could tally how long I've been here was by the faint marks running down my arm made by a thin piece of glass.

The pain never bothered me though, it reminded me that I was still human and intact with my being. I looked down at the 183 marks I had carved into my body remembering the promise i had made to myself.

once I reached 200 days I would be out of here.

   Over the course of a few months I had managed to keep a low profile and become acquainted with one of the male guards. It was evident that some of his heart had fell for me but I looked at him as strictly strategy.

   The doctor had also came and introduced himself to me the day after I had arrived. He was a very intimidating man, his presence was extremely dark and every word he spoke made your blood run cold. Though he was extremely attractive it seems almost like the need to get away from him was an instinct so I thought it was of in my best interest not to involve myself with him. For all I know he could fall in love with me and never let me go.

I currently sat in the cafeteria with my tray of food sitting in front of me. My arms were hidden away underneath the long sleeves as my body shivered from the cold.

Every thing about this place reminded me of a an American horror story. It was always freezing cold & everyone wore nothing but white, along with the workers and the walls that surrounded us. Everyone but the doctor, he was always dressed in all black like the demons you'd see in your nightmares.

Everything about that man terrified me to the core, and I never wanted to test his patience.

Ana sat directly across from me as i stared down at my tray in disgust. The food here was barely edible, always cold, undercooked and mushy. I even found a maggot in the rice once before, forever preventing me from trusting the food they serve to us.

I sigh in defeat as i think about how my body no longer had its desired hourglass figure that I had worked so hard to achieve. Instead I was now small and frail with bones poking out from always skipping the meals.

"I don't like her." I spoke to Ana as she fixated her eyes on the woman staring directly at us.

In any other circumstance I would approach the woman and make some sly remark about her staring at me so intensely. But this plan was too fragile and had no room for mistakes.

So instead I dismissed her and focused my attention back onto Ana. That was before the woman who clearly never learned that staring was rude, approached me.

               "You!" She screamed

        I looked at her with a curious expression yet gave her no response. I refuse to let anyone raise any red flags around me.

                "I know what you've done! I know what you did to that poor girl! You deserve death!" The woman screamed as she threw herself at me.

         Her body weight was enough alone to throw me out of my seat and before I knew it she was atop of me throwing many blows to my face.

         It took everything in me not to fight back, I knew what would happen if I did. And nobody was worth pissing off the doctor.

          Just as I felt I couldn't contain myself much longer the woman was being thrown off of me and I was being snatched off the ground by my hair.

          A loud screech escaped my lips as I felt some hair strands being ripped from my scalp. My eyes look up to see who in their right mind would drag someone up by their hair. But what I saw petrified me, my body already began to shake as my eyes met with the doctors cold, hard gaze.

        The hold he had on my hair was crucial, his fingers were knotted to the roots of my scalp; having full authority of my neck.

              "I thought I made it clear that violence of any kind was intolerable" his voice spoke so calmly sending chills down my spine.

              "She attacked me."I answered softly trying to defend myself without offending him for talking back.

       He let go of my hair and placed me directly in front of him. My head immediately looked downwards, facing his squeaky clean shoes deciding I'd rather focus on those than his lifeless orbs.

               "Look at me!" (Damn rip x) his voice shot out like a whip causing me to flinch involuntarily.

         I slowly rose my gaze until my eyes met with his. He studied me with such a solid expression which terrified me even more. He watched as the blood trickled down my nose and examined the way my tongue swiped across my busted lip trying to calm the stinging sensation.

After staring at me with no expression he then walked away, and I found myself releasing a breath of air I didn't even know I was holding. Before relief could fully wash over me, two pair of strong arms wrapped around me and began dragging me down the hall.

Loud screams erupted from me as I began kicking and struggling trying to release their hold. Everyone in the cafeteria continued to eat their meals disregarding me. Nobody seemed to pay me any attention, it was like I wasn't even there which frustrated me to the core.

The only person who seemed to notice the screams and pleads leaving my lips was Ana, and she was the last face I saw before I was fully dragged out of the room.

~
Thoughts on the new theme??