Chapter 3: The Bruise Near His Eye

A Few Hours Later

Dean's POV:

"Are you sure you'll be okay with the kids?" Seth asked as I drove him to the cafe where he was meeting Nikki.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. How hard could it be?" I asked, putting my hand on his thigh.

"Okay." he said, resting his hand on mine.

I found a parking space and Seth got out of the car.

"I'll see you later and have fun. You don't need to stress about what's going on at home." I said.

"Thanks Love. I'll see you later." he said, giving me a quick kiss before leaving.

I checked the time and saw it was time to pick the kids up from school. I drove to their school before parking and going through the school grounds.

"Whoa, you're Dean Ambrose!" one of the kids said, making me smile.

"The one and only." I smiled.

"Can I have an autograph?" he asked.

"Sure thing buddy." I said.

He smiled and pulled out a notebook and pen. I quickly signed it before giving it back to him.

"Thank you! I'm going to treasure this forever." he said before running to his mother, waving the book in his hand.

I laughed and went to where Harper's classroom was and waited for her class to come out. I heard a bell before the kids came out. Harper saw me and smiled before running over to me.

"Dad!" she squealed, giving me a hug.

"Hey Sweetie. How was school?" I asked.

"It was good. I made a new friend. Her name is Emily."

"That's nice. You should invite her over some time."

"Yeah I will."

"Come on. We need to get your brother." I said

She grabbed my hand as we walked to where Tyler's classroom was. I could see him coming out.

"Hi Dad." he smiled, walking towards Harper and I.

"Tyler, what happened?" I asked as I noticed a bruise near his eye.

He looked at Harper before replying. "I..fell over."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine Dad."

"Come on. Let's get you home. We'll get some ice on that bruise." I said, making him nod.

I got both the kids in the car and we drove home. When we got home, Harper went upstairs to change her clothes whilst I brought Tyler to the kitchen to get an ice pack.

"Tyler, you know you can tell me anything, right?" I said to him before giving him the ice pack.

"Yeah, I know."

"So, is there anything you need to tell me?"

Tyler looked up at me before looking down and shaking his head. "No."

I sighed before nodding. "Okay, now go up and get changed whilst I make you something to eat."

Seth's POV:

I didn't feel right for some reason. I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach like there was something wrong. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Seth, are you okay?" Nikki asked.