Chapter 23: A Broken Machine

A Few Days Later

Seth's POV:

The next few days went by pretty smoothly. We did a lot of travelling and sightseeing too. We were spending our last day by chilling on the beach whilst the kids played in the water. Dean and I were laying down on our sunbeds.

"This past week has been great. Thanks for all of this." I said.

"There's no need to thank me. I'm just glad everyone enjoyed themselves."

I was about to say something when my phone started ringing. It was Galina. Why was she calling?

"Hello?"

"Hey Seth."

"Hey, how's it going?"

"Not great. I'm sorry to have to disturb you on your vacation."

"No, it's fine. Is everything okay?"

"Roman is in hospital."

"What? What happened?"

"Well-"

"Never mind. I'll meet you guys there and you can tell me. See you later."

"Okay, bye."

"What's wrong babe?" Dean asked.

"We have to go Dean. Roman's in hospital."

"What? What the hell happened?" he asked, concerned.

"I don't know but we need to go." I said, making him nod.

"Harper! Tyler! We need to go now." Dean called out.

After packing our stuff, we went to the hotel and cleaned ourselves up. We packed our bags and left the hotel before heading to the airport. Since we were a day early, we had to book new plane tickets. 

After a few hours, we were back in America. The kids were pretty exhausted so we dropped them to my mom's house. Then we put our luggage in our house before rushing to the hospital. We asked the receptionist for Roman's room number and ran to his room.

"Roman, what the hell did you do to yourself?" I asked. He was on a bed with a bandage around his head.

"Well, Galina told me we were having another baby."

"What? No way! Congratulations." Dean exclaimed, giving Galina a hug before doing the same with Roman.

"Congratulations guys." I said with a small smile on my face. Of course I was happy for Galina and Roman but knowing that I couldn't have my own baby ever again still hurt. I guess I still wasn't over what happened.

"So, how did you get here after hearing such great news?" Dean asked, confused.

"Well, Roman needed to look where he was standing." Galina chuckled.

"I jumped up and down and bashed my head on the shelf above me and it fell on my head." Roman said, looking down.

"You're such an idiot. You scared the crap outta us." I laughed.

"This is what we dropped our vacation for?" Dean asked, making me and Galina laugh.

"He can never react like a normal person." I said.

"I know. I remember when Seth told me he was pregnant with Tyler. I literally froze. I thought he was lying but realized the next day that it had to be true. I bought him little gifts to make sure he went through the whole pregnancy with ease." Dean said.

"Aww, that's sweet Dean." Galina said.

"It was our first child so I was freaked out and wanted everything to be perfect." Dean said.

I looked down as they carried on talking. I knew I should've been over the whole not being able to get pregnant thing but it was so hard. I loved the nine months when I carried Tyler and the same with Harper. It was such an amazing feeling, knowing that you were carrying your own little creation inside you. Now I'll never be able to experience that again. I didn't care about the pain that came with giving birth. I was just happy about bringing another life into the world. Now I can't do that.

"Seth, are you okay?" I heard, making me look up.

"Um...yeah. I'm fine." I said, blinking back my tears. "I'm gonna use the restroom. Excuse me." 

I quickly left the room and went to the restroom. I felt a few tears run down my face as I rubbed my hand against my belly. Oh, how I wished I could still have more kids. I heard the door of the restroom open so I quickly wiped my tears. 

"Baby, are you okay?" I heard. It was Dean.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just needed to pee." I said with a fake smile on my face.

"Babe, what's the matter?" he asked, cupping my face.

I couldn't stop my tears from flowing down my face as I looked at him. I knew for a fact that Dean wanted another kid. He told me himself a year after I'd given birth to Harper. I was upset I couldn't fulfill his wish. I felt like I was a broken machine. I couldn't give my husband what he wanted.

"I'm sorry Dean." I said. "I'm sorry I can't give you another child. I know how much you want one but now I can't give you one."

"No, don't be like that." he said, stroking my cheek with his thumb. "I don't care if we can't have another baby. I only care about you and our two kids. That's all. I love you just the way you are."

I squeezed Dean's hand before he kissed my cheek.

"You have that doctor's appointment tomorrow to check if everything is okay where you were hit. They wanted to do a full scan to see how much was affected. Are you gonna be okay?"

"I hope so."

**********

A/N: I think I've come up with a way to end this book but it's gonna be so sad. I don't know if I wanna end it the way I have it planned right now. 

If you guys have any suggestions on how I should end this, let me know. I'd love to hear your ideas.