five

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

so fascinated

jisoo woke up to see she was still on the floor. she felt lonely and without a use.

jisoo slowly got up and saw it was 6:00 a.m. she decided to take a shower to treat the red marks. jisoo locked herself in the bathroom, and stared at herself in the mirror. she began to cry, feeling weak.

she slowly undressed, she made sure to be careful about removing her dress. she got inside the bathtub and turned on the water.

she fell on her knees as she felt the warm water hit her back. she hugged her legs, pressing them close to her torso.

she felt like an animal. a caged animal.

she never thought hoseok would act like this. he didn't seem like the man who would, but she was proven wrong.

jisoo could still remember the insults he yelled at her. He lashed her multiple times, each time it was harder with more force.

as jisoo finished the shower, she began to treat her wounds, putting an ointment onto her wounds.

as she finished, she began to put on her clothes. she dressed in a bright pink t-shirt, white shorts, and white shoes.

she checked the time. 7:56.

she decided to look out her window with no emotion. she heard a knock and knew it was xukun.

"what is it?" jisoo said with no emotion in her tone.

"it's time for breakfast, mrs. jung." xukun told her.

jisoo slowly got up and opened the door, closing it, and walked past xukun.

jisoo walked down the stairs and went to the dining room. she sat down next to hoseok. "you know i won't let you control me."

hoseok looked at her as she ate. he noticed her emotionless expression. "i bought you off your parents, remember?"

"you may have bought me, but you didn't buy my freedom." jisoo ate quickly, not wanting to spend any more time with hoseok.

as she finished, she got up and left. hoseok sighed.

"mr. jung, the limo is outside. should i inform mrs. jung to join you?" ziyi asked.

hoseok shook his head. "she can't know about the other ones."

ziyi nodded. "then should i inform xukun to keep an eye on mrs. jung?"

hoseok nodded, getting up from his seat and leaving.

⊹⊱❖⊰⊹

jisoo continued to stare out the window, feeling like she was locked up in prison. she saw that hoseok got inside a limo with one of the servants. does that mean i can try to escape?

"mrs. jung, your husband left to deal with businessmen. he will come back shortly." xukun informed, walking away.

jisoo sighed, remembering that she was guarded by a bunch of male servants.

she heard xukun's distant footsteps and decided to go for a walk around the garden.

she sneaked out and went outside the backyard, she smiled as she breathed in the fresh air.

jisoo then began to cut the different kinds of flowers. she chose multiple flowers. as she cut the flowers, she put them in a basket she had randomly found.

she began to remember her older brother, but the image was still blurry. when she was younger, she suffered from memory loss. memory loss caused her memories of others to become blurry. she still didn't understand why her parents never showed her a picture of her older brother.

she then remembered what her mother would tell her when she was little. "always be caring and respectful, no matter how others are," jisoo smiled as she repeated her mother's words.

she continued to cut the flowers, determined to have a few of each kind.

⊹⊱❖⊰⊹

when hoseok returned, it was 5:50 p.m. hoseok entered the dining hall to be met with a happy-looking jisoo who was serving the food.

she still hadn't noticed hoseok's presence, as she fixed the vase of flowers in the middle of the table.

"what exactly are you doing?" hoseok asked, startling jisoo.

jisoo looked up and gave hoseok a small smile. "fixing up dinner."

"why?" hoseok sat on the chair he usually sat in.

"well, as your wife, i can comfort you as well as help you relax," jisoo replied, helping one of the servants with the tray of food.

hoseok cracked a small smile, but it quickly vanished when he noticed a purple bruise on her temple.

jisoo laid the tray onto the table. "i hope you enjoy the food the servants and i made."

with that said, jisoo went to her room.

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════