twenty nine

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

will it be as pretty as how it looks?

the next day, jisoo began to go through hoseok's things and searching news about his family.

"let's see," jisoo bit her lower lip as she searched up hoseok's name.

she was surprised that there were barely any articles about hoseok. only finding one article, she clicked the link.

"jung hoseok, son of the most powerful couple in the business industry, was taken to the hospital," jisoo read the header of the article.

"before the day of his fourth birthday, jung hoseok, son of the most powerful businessman and woman, was discovered in a hospital after a mysterious accident in his family's household. it was later found out that he was in a bad state as it has been reported that he arrived at the hospital bleeding."

jisoo gasped as she continued reading. "the only person who had was seen entering with him was his older sister, dawon, who at the time was eight. his parents did not come immediately; his parents arrived four hours later. the reason why they took so long was not clear."

jisoo sighed as she wondered who was hoseok's parents and why was hoseok bleeding.

closing the laptop, jisoo began to look around drawers and closets as she tried to find more information about hoseok and his family.

feeling defeated, jisoo grumbled as she didn't find anything. she then crouched down to look under the bed, only to find a large steamer trunk.

pulling it out, jisoo got onto her knees. "jung hoseok," jisoo read the words inscribed into the black wood before opening it.

her eyes widened as she saw large amounts of paper. grabbing a paper, jisoo skimmed through it. "birth certificate. jung hoseok, born on february 18, 1994 in gwangju."

putting the paper aside, she grabbed a small file. opening it, she began to read. "february 17, 2004: hospital documentary, patient, jung hoseok, had a large wound on his right side, small cuts on his chest, and dilated pupils with different eye color. he was quickly treated and found with injuries in his eyes and a syndrome. Diagnosed with heterochromia and munchausen syndrome."

taking more of the paper, jisoo began to find out more about hoseok and his childhood.

furrowing her brows, jisoo reached into the box and took a small, old teddy bear with a necklace around its neck. the bear's tummy had the word mama on it. turning it around, jisoo noticed it was stitched to form numbers. "007."

confused at why it had those numbers, jisoo took the last remaining things inside the trunk; a folder, a camera, and a diary.

not wasting any time, she read it. "first documentary on patient 007. age: 3 years old. gender: male. the patient will be used for experiments for rituals, projects, etc. the first experiment will be taken at the house before its birthday."

not understanding at all, jisoo continued. "second documentary on patient 007. age: 4 years. gender: male. the patient has shown success as it easily follows the requirements. has only failed project 035, and experiment 666."

as she continued reading the next eleven documentaries, she began to understand what hoseok has been through as a child.

he was made into a subject to be experimented on. jisoo's eyes began to water.

taking deep breaths, she grabbed the camera and turned it on before playing the video.

the screen showed a kid, no younger than five years old strapped to a metal bed. the child seemed confused as he watched two men walk toward him.

"don't be scared," the man reassured him as he grabbed a scalpel. "this won't hurt."

jisoo gasped as the child screamed as the man cut his side deeply with the scalpel.

the other man grabbed a blade and began to make small cuts into the child's chest.

the child cried, calling for his mother, father, and sister. "eomma! appa! dawon! please make them stop! it hurts!"

the man with the scalpel let out a laugh as he dipped his gloved index finger into the wound, soaking it in blood before drawing a pentagram on the child's forehead.

then, the two men began to chant and the child's body began to fidget and his pupils began to enlarge.

with that, the screen went black before it showed another scenery.

the same child as before was shown strapped to a wooden chair.

"state your name," a voice demanded the child.

the trembling child responded, "jung hoseok."

a tear rolled down jisoo's cheek as she watched the child get slapped across the face.

"i said state your name!"

"007," the child whimpered as he looked down.

"good boy." with that the man pressed a button, sending large amounts of voltage through the body of the child.

jisoo closed her eyes as she heard the painful screams of the boy. the tears began to trail down faster.

the next clip showed eight-year-old hoseok chained to a wall with his back facing the camera.

an old man stood in front of hoseok with a scourge. "i want you to count."

jisoo froze as the man lashed the scourge to hoseok's back. the metal hooks scrapping and tearing the young flesh of the child who only whimpered in response as he counted the lashes he was given.

"39. 40. 41. 42. 43. 44. 45." the voice of the child became weaker and weaker as he counted. "46. 47. 48. 49. 50."

the man then threw away the scourge before leaving.

the screen then went black.

jisoo hugged her knees as she cried.

what exactly did they do to you, hoseok?

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════