Chapter Six

Bendy's POV

Charlie grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the line for the ride. He looked rather worried after bumping into that lovely lady. I don't know why though. In the line, I got too curious and taped him on the shoulder; if this was something that would give him another panic attack I wanted to be ready.

"Hey, Charles?"

"Charlie," he corrected me.

"Alright, Charlie, what's going on, pal?"

He looked around, as if making sure nobody was listening, then faced me.

"Ariel is a princess. She's supposed to be in Fantasyland, she doesn't fit in Liberty Square. And the Cast Member dressed as Ariel should know better than to be out of place in the parks," he explained.

"What if it's just a mom or something goofing around?" I asked.

The line moved so we started to walk and talk.

"That's the thing. People over the age of fifteen aren't allowed to come to the parks in costume, because there'd be a risk of children mistaking that person for the Cast Member. Imagine a random adult showing up dressed as Captain Hook and they ended up in the same place as the park's Captain Hook. That'd be a big problem,"

I could understand that. Kids would get confused and the magic would be ruined.

"So, why worry about that Ariel?"

"She's either an awol cast member or a guest that's breaking rules," the line moved again, "Mama told me about something where a bad person kidnapped a child by posing as Princess Jasmine and luring the child away. And I feel like that Ariel bumping into us was no mistake,"

A few kids close to us started to make a commotion; they were laughing at some weird, and morbid, statue of a bathtub with a body submerged in it that sneezed and splashed them with water. Charlie made an annoyed look and lowered his voice.

"Can I ask you something super weird?"

"I'm all about weird!"

"Have you..." he sucked in a breath. "...have you ever been hunted by government spies?"

I snorted and put my hands over my mouth to keep from laughing out loud.

"Government Spies? Really, kid!"

"I know that sounds stupid but I'm serious! I'm not 100% sure your creation was... legal. Are you sure bad people aren't hunting for you?"

Now that I thought about... really strange people used to come by the studio asking to see me... every time they came around, one of the artists would grab me and my pals and take us very deep into the studio...

Like they were hiding us....

"... well... actually—"

A pair of tiny hands grabbed my hair and pulled hard. I shrieked at the pain and tried to remove them, but was of no avail.

"Look, his hair's so weird! Mommy, see!"

A little girl had grabbed me and was trying to get her mom's attention. Charlie reacted quickly and grabbed the girls' arms, attempting to get her to let go.

"Let go, that's mean!" he yelled at her.

By now the girl's mom finally noticed and picked her daughter up.

"Kelly! Don't do that, hands to yourself!" she look at the two of us. "Are you two ok? I'm so sorry!"

I sucked in a breath, lucky my child form didn't falter, and put on a big smile.