Chapter Thirty-Two

Bendy's POV

    It was really early in the morning, before the parks opening. I was sitting in a room somewhere in the tunnels, waiting for something Oswald said was arriving for me. I didn't know what to expect, maybe he'd come in with a bunch of presents, maybe he'd have more insane ideas that required my ink, anything seemed possible at this point.

But instead, a few of those rhino guys came in. And with them was...

   "Boris? Oh, Boris ol' buddy!" I exclaimed.

   "Bendy...? It is you!"

I literally jumped into Boris's outstretched arms for, what was quiet possibly, the best and most warmest hug I've had in a while. His tail was wagging—how I've missed this sweet wolf!

   "Nice to see you too, Demon,"

   Alice stood behind Boris, with her arms folded and a bit of a glare. I returned the look.

   "Hello again, Angel,"

   "Bendy, what happened to ya buddy? We've been so worried sick!" Boris said.

   "Golly, it's a lot to take in, but believe it or not, Oswald's gonna make us famous again!"

   "You mean that rabbit from Disney?" Alice glowered. "The chuckleheads that ran us outta business in the first place?"

   "Things are different now, Alice! I mean it guys, once I help him with his plan, he's gonna help us! Maybe we'll even get a new studio!" I said.

   "Gee, Bendy, you're serious? What are you guys gonna do?" Boris asked.

   "Tonight, after the closes is when it's all going down, and we need a lotta ink to do it! It sounds crazy I know, but I might need you guy's help!"

   "Huh! I'd like to hear it from that sorry rabbit!"

   Alice waved a hand and went to sit down. I frowned at her. She was a stuck up brat, definitely not a good friend to me. But she'll be useful once she stops being such a snob.

   "So how'd ya do it, Bendy?" Boris was asking. "How'd ya get outta the studio?"

   My smile faltered. I bit back my emotions and spoke calmly.

   "I met this little boy..."

————

Charlie's POV

    I had to sit back in the room again for a while. Aiden wasn't here, I hope he isn't in any trouble...

    As I waited for whatever, I drew more pictures to pass the time and calm myself down. The first few were of the princess and animal characters. Then I drew a bunch of studies of Bendy. I had to stop in the middle. Is he a full monster by now? What'll happen to him when he comes in contact with all of that ink?

    "Hellooo in there!"

    I almost jumped out of my skin when Mother Gothel came in the room. She's not a very dangerous villain, but I still kept my guard up when she approached me.

    "Ooh, what are we drawing here?" she bent down to get a better look at my drawings, "Oh! Is that Punzie I see? How cute! Do you like princesses, little one?"

    "Kinda, I guess—"

    "Don't mumble, darling, I can't hear a word you're saying,"

    I breathed in through my nose. "Yes, I like the princesses, their voices are pleasing to the ears. Am I going to see my dad now?"

    "But of course, little one! Daddy must be so eager to see you after so much trouble!"

   Gothel pet my head before offering a hand. She was fantastically well written; she looks and acts like a very loving and caring person but she's manipulative and emotionally abusive. I won't let her get under my skin. But I didn't have to worry. The second she took me out of the room I saw Mulan and Jim waiting for me. I was so overwhelmed and happy I went running to them, Mulan bent down to hug me.

   "Hey, it's ok..." she reassured me, "it's ok, everything is going to be ok..."

   "Oh, of course he's happy a pretty princess and sass mouthed hero come to his rescue!" One of the villains called out and made the others laugh.

   "Hey, knock it off! Leave him alone!" Jim exclaimed.

   Mulan hurriedly lead me past all of them and out of the Villian's Chamber. In the corridor, Jim got down in front of me and took my shoulders, cleaning some tears from my face.

    "Hey, are you ok? You poor kid, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of this," he said.

    "I-It's ok! If you guys are here, I know I'll be alright! What are you going to do now? Does Mickey know about this yet? Have any of the other heroes told him?"

    Jim's look drooped. He glanced at Mulan like he needed help. She sighed and sat down on her knees, looking at me with sorrow.

    "Charlie, you see... we're kinda going along with Oswald's plan..."

    My brows furrowed. Did I hear that right? Jim immediately spoke up again.

    "Look, none of us approve of the humans getting hurt! It's just... well, I honestly can't take sitting around collecting dust anymore! The company is letting half of us rot away down here and if Oswald's plan will get us some recognition again then... then we're cooperating..."

    "..."

    "Charlie..." Mulan turned my head to face her, "I know we probably sound nothing like the heroes you've grown to love but... this past year has been really rough on some of us, our paint is depreciating, the company won't give half of us the full care we need and—"

    I stepped forward and hugged them both, my arms going around their necks. They both went quiet until I drew back.

    "You don't gotta explain anything..." I sighed. "I've seen how bad things are for the less popular characters... Bendy is all messed up because his creators didn't care about him enough. And... and the Disney Company is really fucking stupid to selfishly create life and then just let it die! They've bee nothing but stupid for years! With their racism and pedophiles and-and just being flat out assholes! 

    "Look, I've been through a lot of shit these past few days... A LOT. At this point I don't care what happens anymore, I'll do whatever Oswald wants me to do! My only wish is... that Bendy and his friends get the help they need and that none of the Cast Members get hurt or worse!"

    Mulan and Jim looked startled by my outburst. My face felt hot with embarrassment and I had to rub the tears falling all over my cheeks away with both my hands. I muttered a quiet apology between sobs. Mulan pulled me to her chest for another hug and I cried into her shoulder. With not much else to say, she picked me up and carried me as her and Jim started walking.

    I hated how downhill things were going, but I was slowly beginning to stop caring.

    Human Race had a good fucking run.