Chapter Twenty-Six

Bendy's POV

    This lab had fake windows, where the glass panes were actually computer screens, all showing a fake image of a lovely field of flowers. Next to a few really big ones sat a small table with a few chairs. That was where I sat as I waited for Oswald to finish whatever he was doing.

Every now and then, that little robot, WALL-E, would pass by to deliver things to Oswald. He didn't seem like he could talk very much.

   "Things have been pretty hectic lately!" Oswald called from the platform. "I don't get a whole lot of help, you know? YEOWCH!"

   There was a huge electric spark followed by Oswald's grumbled swearing. I stifled a laugh. He came down from the platform and dropped into the chair across from me, still managing to keep a smile for me.

"I'm sorry I'm so busy... I've been wanting to see you ever since I got word that you were here,"

"It's fine, Ozzie..."

   "So, how have you been? What brought you out here?"

   "I met this kid, Charlie. He got me out of the studio."

   "Charlie? Charlieee..."

   Oswald's foot started tapping rapidly as he thought; I always found that so cute.

   "Oh yeah! Baudelaire kid! Certified genius, visits parks often, friends keep breaking shit that I have to fix—oh, I'm sorry, I'm rambling." he leaned on his arm. "So all these years you've just been trapped in your own studio? I'm real sorry to hear that..."

   "Don't worry, Ozzie... how did you get here? I thought Universal owned your rights."

   "They did! But in 2006 they traded me back to Disney for one of their sportscasters!"

   "Oh! So does that mean you're acting again?"

   "Ehh... not exactly..."

   Oswald got up and paced around.

   "See... Disney does own me again but... they haven't really done much with me... they put me in a video game but even then I didn't feel too important... they even named the game after Mickey! Then they made a sequel to the game but that flopped...

   "Since then, I haven't really gotten anything else... just a few two second cameos in the newer toons and an appearance in some thing called TsumTsum."

   "Really...?" I frowned, "You've talked to your creators about this, right?"

   "More times than I can count! They keep saying I'll get my own cartoon but those are just rumors. For now I just sit down here, workin' on and helping characters."

   Oswald put back on a grin and shook his head.

   "Oh, but enough o' bout me! You're here now! And you're gonna be a big help with my next project!" He said.

  "Huh?"

Oswald took my hand and pulled me to my feet, bringing me to the spiral stairs that led up to the platform. Up there, was a bunch of chalk boards and a desk, in the center was another operating table with all those electrical wires hanging above it. On the table laid a bunch of junk that looked like car parts.

"This right here!" Oswald gestured to one of the boards. "This is my plan! A better future for toons!"

I didn't understand a single thing written on that board. Lucky for me, Oswald would explain.

"Humans have been doing nothing but damaging their world, and treating us like shit! We outta do something about it, right?"

"I guess?" I shrugged.

"We should! I plan on overthrowin' them, that way we can do as we please!"

"And how am I important for this...?"

"Ink!"

"Huh?"

"Ink!" Oswald held both my hands. "Don't you know? Your ink is a lot stronger than paint or normal ink! Maybe even stronger than Toon Acid! The best part? You can control it!"

Ok, so Oswald's lost his marbles. He's always been like that I guess; I mean, he's constantly picking fights with people bigger than him, even I know better than to do that.

"So you want to use my ink to take over the world...? How?"

"Oh you know... to carefully put the stubborn humans to sleep?"

I have no idea what that means, but it doesn't sound very good. I took a step back and folded my arms.

"Ozzie, listen... I really like ya, but... this sounds a little over the top... does Mickey even know you're doin' this?"

"Well not yet... but he'll be happy when it's done! I'm sure of it! All of the Disney family will be!"

I was still unsure. Oswald could see that. He scratched the back of his neck and sighed.

"Be honest with me, Bendy... you're not really happy are you...?"

I didn't say anything.

"Being outside, having fun... you love it don't you? You want that for you and all your other pals, right?"

I thought about all the good friends I left behind... Boris, Alice, the Butcher Gang...

   "If you help me with this, we can all live happily again. No creators to push us around and throw us away when they're done with us, no humans to forget us when the next big shot toon is drawn or mock us for our designs and decisions... we can have a world where we're free."

   Freedom... that's all I've ever wanted...

   Some ink dripped over my face and I tried to rub it away, but I was already crying. Oswald embraced me as I cried; I remember him hugging me like this a long time ago after my creators yelled at me...

"So what do ya say? Are you willing to help me?" Oswald asked.

I rubbed away one last tear and took a breath.

"Tell me what I have to do..."

————

Reminder!
I. Don't. Like. Being. Asked. When. I. Am going. TO UPDATE.
I updated each of my current three books over my Thanksgiving break (one got two updates because I was REALLY in the mood!)
And I still got a fuck ton of work to do before the first semester ends.

If it takes me a month to update, I'm still writing the book, I'm just doing it a few sentences at a time.
If it takes longer, say a few months? I'm suffering mental issues.
A year? Assume something bad happened to me.

Thanks and stay tuned.