Chapter Twelve

Charlie's POV

After Zach got his clothes on, and escaped from his daddy, he gave Bendy and me a ride to Animal Kingdom. Hand-in-hand we went into the park; once again, I saw Bendy's eyes go wide in awe.

"It's cool, huh?"

"There's no castle here?" He asked.

"Oh, they have something better! C'mon!"

I pulled him down the path toward the center of the park where the Tree of Life stood. Bendy's mouth dropped open at the sight.

"Is that a real tree?!"

"Yeah, pretty cool, huh?" I didn't want to kill his spirit; I believed it was real too when I was a baby. "There's even an attraction under it called It's Tough to Be a Bug,"

"Can we see it later if we have time, oh please!" he tugged at my arm.

"Ok, ok! We gotta figure out where Mickey is, he can't just be out in the open watching the imagineers build Pandora..."

"Miss Mulan said somebody would be helping us out today. Do we gotta find 'em?"

"I don't even know who she'd send... it'd have to be someone who can blend with the crowd..."

"Hey little guys!"

A female Cast Member with wild blue hair came up to us bearing a big smile. I studied her face, not recognizing her; I was sure I didn't know anyone that had blue hair.

"What are you doing alone? Is your mommy and daddy around?"

I found myself slowly grabbing Bendy's hand and back away, him quickly understanding my worry.

"What's your name...?" I asked her.

"Little ones can't wander on their own!" she dodged my question. "Come, come! I can take you somewhere safe!"

She reached her hands out to us and Bendy backed up against me. Then I felt a hand on my head and almost screamed.

"There you two are!" a tall male figure pulled us away from the woman. "I'm sorry ma'am, we lost them in the crowd, come on guys everyone is waiting,"

He turned and hurriedly lead us down the road toward Dinoland USA. I looked up at him upon hearing his voice; he had a baseball cap covering his face and overall average attire.

Yet he sounded familiar...

Bendy's POV

"Hey, mister, thanks for helping us out!" I said to our rescuer.

"Mister? Funny, only mom calls me that," he laughed. Charlie's eyes went wide.

"Wait—WAIT—!"

He tilted his hat up to smile at us.

"Charlie and Bendy, right? Call me Jim,"

I was more than happy to shake his hand. Charlie looked ready to pass out.

"Nice to meet'cha! Are you the person Miss Mulan sent to help us?"

"Yep. My film's pretty underrated and none of the Cast Members play as me here, so I'm not easily recognizable." Jim told us.

"You're Jim?" Charlie gasped, "the actual freaking Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet?!"

"That's right, kid. So you guys want to see the Mouse, right?"

"That's right! But some bad guys were after us! We don't even know why!" I told him.

"I figured. Earlier today, Timon and Pumba spotted a pair of Dapper Dans wandering around here. Those guys are supposed to be over in Magic Kingdom."

Charlie dropped on his hands and knees and gagged. I came to his side and grabbed his shoulders. Jim kneeled down by us, putting a hand on Charlie's back.

"Charlie?! Are you ok?"

"Please don't tell me there is an actual talking meerkat and warthog running around the park..." he said in a low tone.

"If we were drawn by Disney, we exist in Disney, kid," Jim said.

Charlie let out a noise that sounded like he was vomiting, yet nothing was coming out his mouth. I can't imagine how hard it was for him to process all this.

"Not used to the real deal I see. Don't worry, you'll get used to it soon enough!" Jim pat him on the back and stood back up.

I helped Charlie back to his feet and put his arm over my shoulder to keep him steady, and we kept following Jim.

"So how're we gonna find Mickey?" I asked.

"Right now he's busy, so it'll take a while.  I'm taking you guys to a ride at the end of Dinoland where you'll be safe for the time being. It's a dark ride and it's heavily packed, so those Dapper Dans won't be able to get to you,"

"It's not the Dinosaur ride with Bill Nye, is it?" Charlie still sounded sick.

"Sorry buddy, 'fraid it is,"

"Oh god..."

"What's so bad about it?" I shook him a little.

"The ride just freaks me out... I can never keep my eyes open the whole time..."

"Well I'll be beside you! We can be scared together!"

"I'm not scared of it!" Charlie cried. "I said it freaks me out! Those are two completely different things!"

"Sure gummy bear,"

Charlie whined and pushed me away, but I could see a grin on his face for a second.

It made me grin myself.