Nightmare Mayhem

Adrien's POV~

Once I was done with fencing, I headed back home. It was dinner time, so I went to check on Marinette and inform her. When I got close, I heard screams of agony coming from my room. My blood turned cold. I ran into my room to and looked at my surroundings to find Marinette. Once my eyes landed on her sleeping in my bed, I relaxed a bit until I heard her scream yet once again in so much agony.

"AHHHH!!! KILL ME, BUT DON'T KILL MY PARENTS!!!! No. NO! NOOOO!!!" I ran to the bed and grabbed her hand. Her hands were freezing cold. I checked her temperature and she was burning up. I need to wake her up.

"Marinette! MARINETTE! You need to wake up! Marinette!!" I screamed while grabbing both of her shoulders and picking her up, shaking her lightly.

"What is going on in here?!?! Why is everyone screaming?!?!" I heard my father's voice sound from behind me. I looked at him and gave him a worried glance. I shifted my eyes back onto Marinette.

"Mom, dad, please don't hate me." She said before another blood curdling scream
Left her lips. I couldn't watch her in this much pain. I grabbed her small figure, cradling her head, and pulled it towards my chest. I held her in my arms, caressing her hair, trying to calm her down in some way. Then I feel her body stir a bit. I pushed back a little to see her and I noticed her eyes were half opened. Once her eyes were fully opened, she looked at her suroudings. Then her eyes fell on me and she panicked.

"A-A-A-Adrien?!? I-what happened?! I thought I just saved my parents life by giving them mine!" She exclaimed. My eyes widened. I looked at my father who was already next to us after his worry for Marinette shown through. He gave a small shrug, but a worried expression.

"Marinette, what do you mean by 'I thought I just saved my parents life by giving them mine'? Who is them? Marinette, what did you just dream about?" I said worry conquering my voice completely. Marinette looked at me with eyes wide open as well. She looked over towards my father and began to apologize.

"I'm so so so sorry for the inconvenience Mr. Agreste. I know I can be a complete burden and I would not complain if you decide you want to throw me out of your home for throwing such a ruckus. I'm just having a difficult time after my parents murder." Marinette said. Once she realized what she said,her eyes widened. I had the exact copy of the expression she had plastered on her face. Marinette's parent's weren't murdered. They were in a car crash.

"Marinette. Please explain to us what is going on." My father says with so much authority but it's laced heavily with concern. She nodded.

"I-I-I had a nightmare about my parents. They were on their way home from the baking convention and were about to get into the car when a group of people in black suits came up from behind them threatening to kill them." She stopped for a moment and visibly shuddered her eyes getting watery. She took a long breath and then continued.

"I was there for it all. I started to scream at the top of my lungs for them to let my parents go, but an unbearable pain at the back of my neck made me drop to my knees screaming in agony asking for it to stop. But it doesn't. I stood up from the floor, trying to ignore the horrible pain and mad my way unsteadily toward the group. They aim their guns at my parents' heads and warn me to stay away. I began to scream no at the top of my lungs. Then I decided to try and make a compromise with them. If they let my parents' go, they can kill me or use me anyway they wanted." She said choking and sobbing when she finished. I immediately hugged her tight. She hugged me back almost instantly.

"Shhhh....Mari, that didn't actually happen. It was just a nightmare." I said, not baring to see her go through all this pain . I caressed her hair, trying to calm her down. She was breathing heavily and sobbing uncontrollably.

"T-T-Their a-a-actually g-g-gone....I'm n-never going to s-s-see them a-again....I was a horrible daughter....t-t-they d-don't d-deserve such a p-p-pathetic e-excuse of a d-d-daughter." She sobbed. How could she say that about herself?

"How can you say that about yourself, Mari? You were an incredible daughter for them. You've done so much for them. You helped in the bakery whenever you could and you had outstanding grades in school. You never gave them any trouble at all Mari. In fact, you were what other students call the perfect daughter." I said, trying to cheer her up. She laughs. Not a cheerful laugh, but a cold laugh.

"I'm far from prefect. I wake up late almost every single day of my life. I'm so clumby and when I try to help in the bakery, I always mess up customer's orders and my parents ended up having to clean up my mistakes one after another. I'm a burden for them. I've heard most of their conversations. How I keep on causing some sort of trouble for them....." She said. Her face became emotionless.

"Marinette, why has your  mind changed so negatively?" I asked. I pretty sure I know at least half of the answer. She looked at me, her eyes looked dull and broken. Not like the beautiful blue orbs she-Adrien this not the time for this!!!

"Ever since Chloe began to bully me. First it was just verbal abuse. She talked about how being a baker's daughter is so humiliating and how ugly and clumbsy I am. Then  verbal abuse became physical abuse....she began to slap, punch, kick, trip, cut, and choke me. Then I began to hate myself to such an extent.....I began to do the same to myself as well..."She said looking down. No.....

"Mari! That's wrong! You should have asked to talk to someone! You could have talked to me!" I screamed getting mad at the fact that I haven't noticed how she felt sooner. I saw her visibly flinch.

"Adrien! Let her go! Her arm is becoming blue from your tight hold!" My father says. I let go and look at her. She looks so broken. I apologize, but her expressionless face doesn't waver. Instead she looks at my father and asks him something.

"Mr. Agreste, where is my suitcase? I will be leaving tomorrow in the evening. I don't want to cause you any stress." Wait she'll be leaving?!? But she can't....She has nowhere to go!

"Preposterous! I can't let you leave Marinette. You have nowhere to go. You are not causing me any stress, just worry. If you leave my home, then you will cause me stress. Plus you've already agreed to becoming my model." My father said with so much sincerity and authority in his voice. WAY TO GO DAD!!!

"Right. Still, I need to find my suitcase, I need to take a shower and change out of these clothes, Now if I may." She said. He nodded at this. Then he called Nathalie to bring Marinette her suitcase. Nathalie brought her suitcase and Marinette thanked her. She got off of the bed a unsteadily walked towards the suitcase. She opened it up and took out the outfit she was going to change into.

Once she got her outfit, she walked to the bathroom stumbling over herself. She entered and closed us out. My dad decided to leave at the moment and told Nathalie to follow him. I stay in the room, worried about Marinette and angry at myself. Then I heard the water start. I began to think about Marinette's health. It worries me to the point that all I think of are ways to keep Marinette happy. Marinette....please smile again...even if it is just one of your cute goofy smiles.