A Well Needed Break

No One's POV

Marinette was muttering to herself about how her parents are alive, her biological father is the King of China and that makes her a princess. Adrien tries to snaps her out of her short trance by calling her name continuously. After the fifth time of calling her name, she finally responded with a hum.

" Mari, you need to rest your head. It seems like all this information is too much for you to handle at the moment." Adrien said with a worried tone. Marinette shook her head.

" No, I can't rest! I have to find them! I have to find my parents! I can't believe I immediately thought they were dead without any proof that they are. I haven't seen their corpses Adrien, that should have been the first thing I should have asked the police!" Marinette stated in panic and anger for herself. Adrien grabbed Marinette's shoulder's gently.

" Mari, you were going through stuff at the time that you couldn't focus on anything. It's not your fault, okay? You didn't know what was happening and you weren't in the right mind to ask any questions regarding your parents." Adrien said as he rubbed Marinette's back in a comforting way.

" Okay......I'm going to go up to my study and get a few more forms completed..." Marinette said with quiet voice while walking away. Adrien shook his head and grabbed her arm.

" No Mari, you'll work yourself to death and I'm not letting that happen. How about we bake cookies from scratch. I've never made cookies from scratch before and if I do it by myself, I'd probably burn the whole house down. What do you say?" Adrien offered. Marinette's eyes teared up.

" No. I don't want to I have businesses to take care of." Marinette said sternly. Adrien was shocked for a second. Adrien wasn't going to let her go that easily though. He gave Marinette his kitty eyes and boy was it hard for Marinette to fight.

"Ugh...Fine! We'll bake cookies from scratch! Only because I don't want you to burn down the house!" Marinette said. Adrien knew that wasn't why she agreed and he was very happy she was able to convince her.

" Hey Gabriel, can we join them and bake cookies? It sounds like a lot of fun!" Nathalie asked him. Gabriel looked at Nathalie with stern eyes which he didn't hold for long. Nathalie was giving him a pout that he hasn't seen since high school.

________________Flaskback_______________

Gabriel's POV (17-18 years old)

I walked out of the school and waited for Nathalie . Today was the day that I would ask Emilie to be my girlfriend. I asked Nathalie to help me and she agreed hesitantly. She didn't really like Emilie and I don't know exactly why. 

" Gabriel! Were you waiting for long?!"  I heard Nathalie ask me while she was running towards me. I smiled at her and shook my head. This caused her to grin, but it didn't quite meet her eyes.

" I'm excited and nervous Nathalie! What if she rejects me? I wouldn't be able to look her in the eyes after that, because I would be too ashamed of even thinking I had a chance with her. She comes from a wealthy family while I come from a family of tailors who are not well known!" I exclaimed. Nathalie shook her head.

" Gabriel, you have so much to offer! You're kind, a leader, talented, you light up the room with your smile, you are intelligent as well. I honestly believe that Emilie doesn't deserve you and would be a complete and utter fool to reject you." Nathalie said while her grey eyes brightened and her smile became more sincere. I hugged her tight which she became stiff and was slowly hugged back.