A Sudden Propsal

No One's POV

" Marinette, Adrien, I want you guys to see something real quick." Chloe said to her best friends. They turned towards their best friend to see what was up. She handed her phone to Marinette and she took it. On the screen it was Google searches, but that wasn't what surprised her. What she was surprised by was what was the most popular subjects to look up were.

" What was the real reason Ladybug went MIA? Are Lucia-Marie Juliard and Marinette Dupain-cheng aka Ladybug, the same person? Most Successful Youth: Marinette Lucia Dupain-cheng. I...this is a lot! I knew I was popular, but not this popular!!!" Marinette said. She kept scrolling down and noticed articles written about her and her tragic past.

" I...I know that we gave permission in the court to record us live, but if I get asked personal questions like these on another interview, I don't want to know how I'll react. This isn't good. I mean it did clear my name as Ladybug, but it also gave it a whole other meaning as well. Now whenever they think about Ladybug, they'll see a pitiful tragic past and back story. I don't want everyone to pity me wherever I go!!!" Marinette spiralled out. Adrien held Marinette and she was the verge of breaking down.

Chloe didn't know it would affect her this badly. She felt bad for bringing up the topic and she wished that she could go back in time to stop herself from bringing the topic forward. Then she remembered that it was best to warn her now than finding out later when the unwanted happens. Adrien pulled Marinette towards him and sat her on his lap, holding her protectively in his arms.

" Oh Mari...I know this is hard for you, but you can't escape from it forever. You chose to take on the Juliard businesses and the fact that you wanted to show your case on live tv, won't help. You were already popular before, now you're even more so. All we can do now is deal with the consequences and be there for each other. I'll always be here for you and if you have interviews, we can ask beforehand to not answer you personal questions about your past life. We'll make them sign a contract to make sure they don't and if they still do once we are on live television, we'll bring it to court and stop working with them completely. Until you feel comfortable on talking about that topic, that will be the plan, okay?" Adrien told Marinette as we pet her head gently.

Marinette cuddled into Adrien's chest and calmed down a bit. She did breathing exercises to help calm herself down as well and Adrien began to tenderly rub Marinette's back while she did so.

" Lucy, I know your having a hard time, but did want to remind you that you are doing an amazing job with the businesses! You build them up higher and you aren't moving from country to country constantly. You gained a lot of respect from well know entrepreneurs around the world. Your businesses in America have been the most improved. I remember that you weren't that good with your english before, but now that you regained your memories, you began to fluently speak it. I also noticed that you were studying English in your spare time because it interested you. Of course this was back when you and I weren't on the best speaking terms, but I still saw you from afar and you were just too amazing!" Chloe said in an excited tone, trying to lighten up the heavy mood she created. Marinette looked at her and smiled a bright smile her bluebell eyes sparkled brightly as if the depressing conversation they had didn't happen. This made both Chloe and Adrien lighten up with joy.

" Not only that Mari, but your confidence rose as well. More than it was while being Ladybug. Although you are still insecure about your past and it is still a heavy topic to discuss for you, there was a major improvement in your way of speaking. You have a more positive outlook on life than before and overall just became a better person in general. Not that you weren't already a good person, but it helped bring out your best qualities out more often and your caring side to increase for others and yourself. I'm so proud of you Love." Adrien said and brightly smiled at Marinette. Marinette stared at her boyfriend and her best friend. They were incredible and never gave up on her. Even though Chloe hadn't always been nice to her, she still kept an eye on her and noticed Marinette doing things that no random person walking by would notice. Adrien truly loved Marinette and noticed the small changes that have occured in her life, positive or negative. He was smiling so brightly at her after explaining to her how proud he was of Marinette's improvement and this showed that he was actually happy for her. Her happiness made him happy. Marinette couldn't help but blush at the thought.