Champagne (KISS x Babe)

We were in New York, shooting the COUNTDOWN for the Australian fans. The boys were doing the usual. Getting ready, putting make-up on, got dressed into their costumes. Ace was the first to get ready so he asked me if I want to go on a drink hunt with him. And as always my answer was 'Of course!'
It has been our little fun to do since he joined KISS. Gene and Paul at first didn't like the idea of me being around them but then I sneaked my way into their hearts. Sometimes they even needed my help with their hair or paint a few lines on their faces, no biggies though.

I even had the pleasure to meet Eric Carr who replaced Peter. We got along so well, so it's obvious that I was sad when he left. We were still in touch after his departure though. Then came Eric who seemed so adorable and kind with that bigass hair and his skills. He was a monster behind the drums. And with this COUNTDOWN we were about to introduce him to the world as The Fox.

'Where do you think they hid the drinks?' Ace looked into the rooms left and right while going ahead in the passageway.

'I don't know.' I shrugged. 'Hey!' I put my hand onto his right shoulder.

'What?' He turned his head back so he could look at me.

'What if they are a floor down?' I raised my eyebrows.

A big smile appeared on his face and he gave me a tight hug.

'Let's go!' He raised his hands up in the air and literally started to run down the stairs. I sighed. This man is never gonna change. He will remain as a five year old little boy inside.
I went after him slowly. I didn't want to break anything running down. When I was finally a floor below I heard a scream.

'I FOUND THEM!' Ace continued. I shook my head smiling and went into the room where his voice came from.
'Rock and roll, baby!' He winked at me and opened a bottle of champagne. The plug flew out of the bottle and almost hit me but I buckled down in time.

'Sorry Babe.' He smiled innocently. I shook my head again but went to grab a glass.

'Pour me some.' I hold it out to him. He poured and we toasted.

I was the first one to drank my glass' content. Of course because he was drinking from the bottle. We continued to do this until we emptied three more bottle.

'I think -' he giggled sitting against the wall. 'I think we should go now.' He laughed.

'You're so funny Ace.' I laughed with him. 'But you're right.' I held up my index finger in front of my nose.

'Let's go Babe.' He tried to get up holding onto the edge of the table but he failed and he fell back onto the floor making a loud noise.

'Shh!!' I laughed even louder with my finger still in front of my nose. Then I got myself together and got up. 'Come on Ace.' I held out my hand which he took and pulled him up on his feet.

'You so -' He hugged me suddenly. 'I love you Babe.' He murmured into my hair.

'I know.' I hugged him back. 'Me too.'
And this is when we heard Paul's voice calling for us.

'ACE! BABE! TIME TO STOP PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK! IT AIN'T FUNNY!' He shouted. I swear to God it echoed through the whole building.
We started to laugh but went out to the passageway where we met a really angry Starchild.

'We're sorry?!' Ace laughed again.

'You tell me or ask me?' He put his hands onto his hips. We just continued to laugh in his face. 'Whatever, just come with me.' He rolled his eyes but we eventually followed him.

And now we're here trying to make the video but Ace is keeps messing it up.

'Hello Australia! This is Gene Simmons of KISS and I'd like to introduce you to-' He pointed directly at the camera.

'Paul Stanley of KISS who's going to introduce you to Ace Frehley of KISS.' Now he turned around and pointed at Ace. 'What's the name of the new drummer?' He asked him.

'His name is uhh.. His name is.. I.. I..' He mumbled. 'OH! I remember now.. I remember! His name is Eric Carr and he's incredible!' He finally said it and Eric came into the picture. 'Now get outta here.' Ace pushed him out of the frame.

We've been trying to take this shot for about two hours now.

'Take 456.. Aaand... ACTION!' Shouted the director.

'Hello Australia! This is Gene Simmons of KISS and I'd like to introduce you to-' He pointed directly at the camera again.

'Paul Stanley of KISS who's going to introduce you to Ace Frehley of KISS who's going to introduce you to -' He turned to Ace and pointed at him.

'Ace Frehley of KISS.' He laughed. 'I know... His name is Eric Carr -'.
He was totally off and so was I.

I laughed through out the whole shooting. Eric was having fun too. It seemed that he enjoyed this just as much as I did.

'Now how..' I couldn't understand the rest because Ace was mumbling it.

'Turn around!' He pointed at the camera and everyone looked at it.

'Look! It's rock and roll!' And just like that everyone was laughing their asses off.

This is the kind of person he was. Well he usually didn't drink this much but today was an exception.

After this whole mess Eric came into the camera's view and the man started to interview him. He asked him about his experience with the members so far. The man also asked Eric what he thinks about me being the band's only girl.

'Babe is cool. I like her. Actually I didn't know they had someone like her.' He smiled nervously. 'I didn't even know this band existed.' He laughed.

'He's just trying to be polite and modest.' I spoke up.

'How did the name Babe came up?' He suddenly asked me.

'It's a story for an other time.' I smiled trying not to throw up. 'Let's focus on Foxy now.' I gave him a hug which he returned.

The man kept asking questions about upcoming events and Eric's experiences so far.

The last thing I remember from that day is that how Ace sang to me while we were snuggled up on his bed.