Kind Intruder (Vinnie Vincent x Reader)

Requested by user86919261
Author's note: so sorry it took me so long, I hope you like it💕
_______________________________________

I was standing in front of my mirror examining my outfit. I had a job interview to go to and I wanted everything to be perfect.

'You got this Emily.' I talked to myself in the mirror.

I smoothed down my dress and turned around on my heels. I felt pretty and ready for the work. Of course I have to get it first.

I grabbed my purse and my folders and left the house. I quickly locked the door and hid the key under one of the pots. I don't have a car so I just walked the distance.

I walked past a little restaurant and considering that I had a lot of time I walked in for a quick breakfast. I sat down in a booth near the window and I also had a view of the clock on the wall. I didn't want to be late but I was hungry.

'What can I bring you?' The waitress asked.

'Eggs with bacon will be fine. And a cup of tea, please.' I gave her my order

'Alright.' She said and disappeared.

I waited about ten minutes for my breakfast to arrive and I ate it under another ten minutes. I went to order coffee and to pay.

'Here you go.' The man gave my coffee.

'Thanks.' I smiled and placed a few dollars onto the counter.

I went outside. My folders under my armpit, my purse in my left hand and my coffee in my right. I still had an hour and a half before my interview so I didn't rush.

I enjoyed how the Sun got stronger by each minute. The cars running up and down the road rushing so they won't be late from work. Moms walking their children to school or to kindergarten.

The one thing I hated to see on the streets were couples. They were everywhere and always reminded me of how single I was.

'Wish I had someone.' I whispered to myself looking at the pavement.

I walked in silence, occasionally drinking from the coffee not looking up. And honestly, that was a bad decision. I didn't pay attention to where I was going and I bumped into someone and my coffee flew out of my hand along with my folders.

'I'm sorry.' I said bending down to pick up the folders.

'No, it's my fault.' He said. 'Geez I ruined your dress. I'm so sorry.' He gasped when I straightened up.

'Oh, no.' I sighed. 'I've got an hour before my job interview. I can't go like this. And I can't go home to change.' I complained.

'I can buy you a new one.' He suggested.

'What?' I looked up at him. 'No. I can't allow you to. I don't even know your name.'

'I'm Vinnie.' He extended his hand.

'Emily.' I shook his hand.

'Now that you know it, can I buy you a dress?' He smiled.

'Do I have any other choice?' I exhaled deeply.

'No.' He grinned.

We walked in silence for a while until he asked me what kind of job I'm applying for. I told him it's just an assistant job but it pays more than my current workplace.

I loved being a substitute teacher but children drive me crazy most of the time. And I thought it was time to move on.

We passed two shops before we went into the third one. It was a nice place filled with beautiful dresses and clothes for women.

'Go, take a look.' He motioned to the clothes.

I gave him my folders and went around the place. I liked every dress. But when I looked at the price tags I almost got a heartache.

'Uhm, Vinnie.' I tapped his shoulder.

'Yeah?' He murmured.

'I can't let you buy anything. They're way too expensive. And I just met you.' I whispered.

'It's okay Emily. Money's not a problem.' He giggled. It was kinda adorable. 'So, go ahead and pick one. You don't want to be late now do ya?' He grinned.

'No, I don't.' I rolled my eyes and went back to search.

I had half an hour now so I had to be quick. I went around the store two time under ten minutes before I picked a blue, over the shoulder dress.

I went into the cubicle to try it on. It fit perfectly. I look a few glances at myself in the mirror before changing back into my ruined one.

'This will be good.' I said.

'Go on.' He held my hand and led me to the cashier.

Even though I was standing next to him while he paid, I felt skeptical. Why would a total stranger buy me a new dress just because he ruined it?

'Can she put it on here? Her dress has a coffee stain and she has a job interview in ten minutes.' He asked the girl behind the desk.

'Of course.' She smiled.

I thanked her and went to change into the dress Vinnie just bought for me. When I walked out Vinnie's jaw dropped. He gasped the minute he saw me. It kinda made me blush.

'Shall we go?' He asked extending his hand.

'Yes. And thank you so much.' I told the girl.

She just smiled a big one and we left. The building was not that far away now so I was - somehow - still on time.

'Guess we reached your destination.' He put his hands into his pockets.

'Thank you so much for the dress Vinnie.' I thanked him for the hundredth time.

'No need. I ruined it so that's the least I could do.' He smiled. 'If you want me I can go inside with you.' He suggested.

'I'd like that.' I said shyly.

We walked in, he stopped in the lobby and I went in. I spent half an hour with the boss. He asked why I want this job. What's my current job, he also asked for my CV which I gave him happily.

He also asked how far I live and I told him it would take me an hour to get here on feet. But I could use the bus if necessary. But he said there's no need. Because the job includes a car for employees who lives far from the building.

'Does this mean I got the job?' I tried not to be too excited.

'Yes Miss. The job is yours. You can start on Monday, next week. I'll send every job related paper to your home.' He said..

'Thank you so much Mr Brown.' I shook hands with him.

When I went back to the lobby I was surprised to see Vinnie. I was sure he had left but he wasn't.

'How'd it go?' He stood up as soon as he saw me coming.

'I got the job!' I squeaked.

'That's amazing!' He hugged me but soon released me. 'Gosh I should have been in the studio thirty minutes ago.' He said anxiously.

'Mind if I join you?' I asked politely.

'I don't.' He winked at me. 'Mind if I kiss you?' He smirked.

But I didn't have time to respond as he kissed me immediately. It was crazy and calming at the same time.

'Wow.' I said breathlessly.

'Sorry.' His eyes fell.

'It's okay.' I giggled. 'But we should go.' I suggested as he was already late.

'Yeah. Oh, and you'll most likely be surprised when we arrive.' He laughed.

'Why?' I asked him when we got out of the building.

'You'll see, Emily.' He put his hand around my bare shoulders and we began walking again.