Behind The Superman Curtain (KISS x Babe)

I was one of the privileged ones that had access to go behind that so called Superman curtain. The boys didn't let in anyone except for the management, and the few people who helped them get ready. I'm a friend of Ace's but they didn't let me in for almost a year.

I had to earn their trust by being at every KISS concert. In exchange I didn't need to buy tickets because they let me in for free. I was always in front row or behind the stage. I always got a great view of them breathing fire and spitting fake blood and the smooking guitars.

I loved their performances especially Ace's guitar solos. My personal favourite has been Detroit Rock City since it has been released.

And now this is my second time entering that famous curtain. I walked in still amazed. The boys were already there putting their make-up on. I was behind the stage a few minutes earlier to see the opening act. They weren't that bad but I rushed back to see my boys.

'Hi!' I hopped on the couch which looked a little bit worn down but I'm not picky.

'Hi there!' They shouted back with a smile on their faces.

'You like it?' Peter got up from his chair and popped down next to me.

'Yeah...' I breathed out slowly. 'Still in shock though.' I grinned.

'Don't be Babe. You earned that passage.' Paul walked by winking at me and I blushed a little.

'See? I told you.' Ace said from his chair.

'Do you mind helping me out a little bit?' Peter spoke up smiling from ear to ear.

'Nope, not at all.' I got up.

We walked to his vanity that had all kinds of lights and different pictures of him in makeup glued to the mirror. I stood next to him, handing him different kinds of brushes. He was drawing the black lines on his face. Actually I didn't understand why he needed my help but I was happy to be there.

The time passed and I got bored so I put on some music. After I choose them I went on food hunting. They had French fries, some pizza, lots of sandwiches, and for some weird reason they also had cheese. I picked the fries but I started to dance to my favourite song as soon as it started to play.

'Your dance is silly Babe.' Gene shook his head and then disappeared.

'Yeah... Whatever.' I rolled my eyes still dancing and eating some more fries.

Then suddenly Ace and Peter joined me in the dance. I showed them the dance they did in the video clip but they failed which was fun to see. After a few seconds Gene joined us again and started to move his feet and hips to the rhythm too. Peter found some window cleaner kind of spray and attacked my legs with it.

'HEY!' I shouted and at that exact time Ace gave up dancing and started to jump and move his hands up and down.

'You guys are crazy.' I took another fry while grinning like a child.

'This is what we're known for Babe.' Paul winked and Ace went Tarzan style.

He began beating his chest making weird noises. And at some point Paul danced with the loudspeaker in his hands.

I just couldn't believe my eyes. The KISS members dancing. I wish the fans could've seen that.

We still had time before they went on stage so we sat down to eat something after being exhausted from dancing too much. Paul and me put toothpicks into some of the fries and he offered one to each of the guys.

'Good God Gene.. Just take a bite you don't have to chew it.' Paul whined grinning like a five year old.

'What you do to it?' Gene sniffed the fry.

'Come on Demon.' I laughed.

'You see,' he pointed the fry at me. 'I'm not testing it. He's my friend but he wouldn't just give from his food.' And with that he threw it onto the table.

'I worked hard on that fucking French fry.' Paul got up. 'Where is it?' He searched the table and when he found it he broke it into two. 'You think this was easy?' He showed it to the others.

'Thank God I didn't eat it.' Ace sighed in relief.

Thinking about these times I guess my waiting really paid off.