Making It Official (KISS x Babe)

A few weeks after my birthday Ace got the idea that we should announce to the public that we're together. I didn't like the idea because I was okay with the current situation as we had been like this since he left KISS. We had been close since my family moved next-door to him but I guess our friendship formed into something more and more over the years and we started to act like a couple in the beginning of the 80s. People always speculated it but we never said a thing and whenever Ace was asked about us he diverted the subject to something else or told them the same "noone can resist her, so why would I" answer.

'You know that I'm already hated by most of your female fans.' I sighed dropping the newspaper into the trash can.

'Don't be so dramatic.' He rolled his eyes while grabbing my hand and pulling me close to him. 'The majority loves you.' He hugged me. 'Just as much as I do.' He whispered into my ear tenderly.

'You needa stop.' I put my hands onto his chest and I could feel the muscles move. 'I'm trying to clean up this mess you and your band made.' I laughed.

'That can wait.' He licked his lips. 'But I can't.' And with that he dropped me over his shoulder and carried me into the bedroom.

'Gosh I hate you sometimes!' I shouted while punching his back but all he did was laughing.

'But seriously.' He sat up resting against the backrest. 'They ask me about you every fucking time. I've been telling them the same for more than a decade now. They probably know by now how much you mean to me.' He explained.

'I like our privacy. It makes me calm.' I said quietly.

'Babe -' He put a finger under my chin.

'Why do they have to know everything about your life?' I asked, my voice shaky.

He let out a sigh. 'Because they wanna know. That's why. And I don't wanna lie about you. It's starting to feel like that I'm not showing you off the way you deserve it.' He looked at me not letting go of my gaze.

'But -' I resisted.

'Please? I feel like I'm hiding you and I don't wanna do that. Even the feeling of it makes me sick lately.' He explained.

And then it clicked. He didn't want to tell the fans because of them but because of him. He wanted to let them know that he has someone that he cares for so much. And I've been a jerk to him.

'I'm sorry.' A tear fell down my cheek.

'Don't be.' He wiped it off with his thumb.

'I've been a total bitch about it and all you wanted the entire time was to let that feeling off your chest.' More tears made their way to break through.

'Don't cry, Love.' He pulled me closer to him instantly caressing my back.

'You totally have the right to say no. I'll understand.'

'No. I'm in.' I moved away from him.

'Let's do this.' I smiled.

The next day he called his manager to ask him to pull off an interview in the following days. He did as asked and Ace told the others the good news. He even let the KISS members know it. They were happy for us and Gene told me that they have known it since Eric came in for the audition. In Gene's opinion that was the first time when Ace showed some sign of jealousy. Now thinking about that, it all makes sence.

Ace's manager called some people and a few days later his band was asked to perform in a Morning Show and he brought me with them.

First they performed then they talked about their upcoming album and they shared some behind the scenes stories. And after that they asked me to go out and sit with them. I was a nervous wreck.

'Now tell us something about yourself.' The host smiled at me.

'I'm Babe as some of you may know. And I've been with the band since the day they hired Ace as their guitarist.' I said.

'There have been speculations about you and Ace being a couple.' He cut to the case.

I gulped hard and felt a hand on top of mine. Just like back in Rome, he helped me out again.

'Is that true or just some crazy accusations?' His gaze was terrifying let alone his voice.

'They are very much true.' Ace said smiling from ear to ear. 'And not just that.' He hold up his index finger and stood up.

He walked in front of me and kneeled down on one knee and pulled out a little red box. I couldn't believe my eyes. As I usually do when I'm overwhelmed, I hid my face with my hands.

'Anastasia Babineaux, will you do the honours of becoming my wife?' He popped the question and every single person in the room was clapping and cheering.

'Of course I will.' I mumbled into my hands. 'Of course!' I screamed and threw myself at him so hard that we almost fell over. 'Of course I will, love.' I said before kissing him on the lips in front of thousands of people who were watching it in the television.

'Congratulations lovebirds! Oh my God I'm so happy!' Eric popped a bottle of champagne and poured its content on us.

'I'm so happy for you two!' Paul hugged us one after the other.

'I knew this day would come.' Gene said, arms crossed, and a genuine smile on his face.

We held a little party later that day and I called my mom telling her the news but she said that she watched the show. We also talked about them visiting us soon which felt heart warming. That day I was really faithful for my parents that they choose that city, and that house.