Birthday Surprise (KISS x Babe)

It was the 15th of January, 1984 which meant that my birthday was only two days away. My biggest problem was that whom I'm gonna spend it with. The boys came back from Japan almost two weeks ago.

The thing is even though Ace left the band I still hanged out with the KISS members. Eric stayed but Ace has been replaced three times. First Vinnie stepped in, then Mark and now Bruce has been with us for three years now. He's a nice guy and very funny but usually spends most of his time in quiet.

I also hang out with Ace's band. Tod was the one I liked instantly when the Space Man introduced me to his band. Somehow he reminded me a little of Ace in some ways. The rest of them were okay too.

'Hi Babe.' I heard Ace's typical Bronx accent.

'Hello.' I danced my way into the hall where he stood with his hands wide open so when I was in front of him he pulled me in for a hug. 'I missed you.' I mumbled into his chest.

'I was only gone for a week.' He caressed my back.

'It was too long.' I persisted.

'Did you hang out with the guys?' He asked letting go of me while dropping his car keys onto the little shelf.

'Yeah, since they got back from Japan.' I smiled.

'Good.' Was all he added before going into the kitchen where we eat some breakfast and then went into his room to take a little nap before going into the studio with Tod and the others.

What started as a little nap turned into sleeping till 4pm and he had to be in the studio by 3pm. The phone woke us up because it wouldn't shut up.

'Yeah?' I picked it up.

'Where's Ace? He should've been here.' Jamie said.

'We'll be there soon.' I told him and hung up.

'I don't wanna go.' He placed a hand on my waist and pulled me close to him. 'I just got home.' He whined.

'Paul, get up and get ready! You know that Tod knows where you live and he's not afraid to come here to get you.' I admonished him.

'True. You're are right.' He gave in. 'Let's do this!' He jumped up. He put his Jimi Hendrix shirt back on and hopped into his boots while I put on my sandals and a loose t-shirt. 'You ready?' He asked and I nodded.

We got into his car and left. Tod scolded us for being late and later laughed it off like it was nothing.

'Tomorrow is your birthday, isn't it?' Bruce asked me.

'Yeah.' I said bored.

'What are you gonna do?' He asked curiously.

'I don't know. I want to spend it with both bands plus Peter but I'm not sure if that would work.' I shrugged.

'I'm sure they wouldn't mind since it would be your special day.' He smiled.
'Thanks man.' I returned his smile.

'What we wouldn't mind?' Gene surprised us with his presence.

'Nothing.' I stood up and looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall.

'Jesus, I gotta go. Ace is probably waiting outside.' I grabbed my stuff. I heard Gene and Eric snickering behind me. 'Not a word, you punks!' I scolded them while hugging each one of them.

They always acted like this when I mentioned Ace. Sometimes they held little parties betting on what's going on between me and Ace. Well, we sure enjoyed the other's company but we never said that we're a thing. At least not publicly. In some interviews they asked him about me but he always replied the same "noone can resist her so why would I?"

'Jump in Babe.' He rolled down the window.

I smiled and got inside the car.

My birthday finally arrived and I didn't feel any much older. The only thing that was strange is Ace's absence. Usually I was the one to wake up early and then I would wake him up too. I sighed then got up and quickly changed into a pair of jeans, and a white tank top. I put my sandals on and went into the kitchen.

I was still alone which felt a little disappointing. I grabbed a box of cereal and a glass of milk and sat down to eat. Why did he leave?
I spent most of the morning alone as he arrived after lunchtime.

'Gosh we'll be late.' He got up from the table.

'We?' I asked raising an eyebrow.

'I have to go to the studio. And I need you there.' He stepped behind my chair. 'I can't live without you.' He purred into my ear and I blushed. He still has the same effect on me.

'Fine.' I arched my head back.

'Thank you Babe.' He kissed my cheek.

We quickly arrived to our destination and went inside the building. He walked in front of me, holding my hand leading the way. We stepped inside but it was pitch dark.

'Just wait here.' He let go of my hand and disappeared into the darkness. And before I could say something the room filled with light and everyone started singing "Happy Birthday" to me. My eyes filled with tears and I crouched down hiding my face with my hands.

'You thought that we forgot?' Tod spoke up and I nodded my head.

'Aw, Babe don't cry.' Paul walked over to me and hugged me.

'We have a special someone for you.' Gene said and everyone stepped aside as Peter walked out his hands wide open for a hug. I got up instantly and ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

'Happy Birthday Anastasia.' He picked me up.

It turned out that Bruce talked to Ace yesterday and told him how I wanted to spend my birthday with both bands plus Peter so he talked to his band mates and Bruce did the same and Gene invited Peter. We partied all day and night and told each other stories we haven't heard of.

There was a time when I spoke with Peter in private as we didn't see each other in a while. We ate a lot of cake and I opened some presents. We had fun and I guess that was the night when Ace made it clear to everyone that I belong to him. At least that's what Paul told me it looked like.