Pick Me (Ace Frehley/Eric Carr X Reader)

Requested by callingaceanderic
_______________________________________

'No, no, don't throw up in that!' Ace warned me but it was too late. I puked into one of his boots.

'I'm so sorry.' I wiped my mouth.

'No, it's okay. I should've made sure that it was properly cooked. I'm sorry Phyllis.' He apologized while looking at me with those big eyes of his.

'It's okay Ace.' I shrugged. 'But next time ask a chef, okay?' I laughed.

'Not a bad idea though.' He chuckled. 'But apart from that, did you like it?' His voice was filled with curiosity.

'Yeah it was nice.' I smiled slightly.

I didn't want to break his heart by telling him that what he thought was my favorite dish was in fact the one I always hated.

We cleaned up after ourselves and I headed back to my room. But I was stopped by Gene.

'You hung out with Ace?' His voice was mysterious, and there was a grin on his face.

I nodded and he wriggled his eyebrows then continued his way into his room leaving me dumbfounded. What was that?

The guys spent the following morning rehearsing and I stayed in my room reading a book. It was a romantic novel. That kind when you just read the first five pages and you already know how it will end. But my mornings were usually boring so I had to do something.

Around lunch time I started hearing chit-chating outside my room. First I thought it was my imagination but when I got up and went to open the door I met Eric with the biggest grin on his face.

'Whatcha doing here?' I asked curiously.

'Well, I t-thought we should go out and see some stuff b-before we leave tonight.' That grin seemed to be glued onto his face.

'Sure, let me grab my jacket.' I smiled.

I liked spending time with him. He always took me out to do some sightseeing in every place we stayed at. Sometimes he even bought me ice-cream or the specials that were in the different cities.

'There's a great restaurant nearby we found by accident with the boys, if you wanna eat something.' He suggested.

'Sounds good to me.' I agreed and that somehow made him blush.

We walked about twenty minutes talking about what was going on in rehearsal and I told him about the book I've been reading all morning.

'It's the usual sloppy kind of book?' He raised a brow.

'Yeah, you can say that. But actually it's quite good. I mean I know they'll end up together but it's good to know what other people consider to be romantic.' I played with my food. I kept reeling up the pasta on my fork and pulling it off at the side of the plate.

'What do you think about it?' He suddenly asked.

'I don't know.' I whispered. 'Romantic dinners and serenades are always a good-to-go. Or surprising the other with a secret picnic is also good.' I shrugged trying not to talk too much about it.

'Hmm.' He let out a humming noise.

Lunch went by quickly and we had to run back to the hotel we were staying at. They had to get ready for the show in time. I took a shower before joining them at the stadium. I had some trouble with the guards but Paul came and saved me.

'Thanks.' I smiled slightly.

'It's nothing.' He chuckled. 'Do you know what's gotten into Ace and Eric?' He asked.