Realization (KISS x Babe)

'Hi Paul.' I said with a shaky voice, standing in the doorway.

'Hi. Come on in.' He opened the door wider so I could go in.

'Sorry to bother you.' I blubbered.

'It's okay.' He smiled and then navigated me into the living room.

Ace and Peter went out to a club and they've been gone for hours now. I was alone in the house so I left to go to Paul after I called him.

'Here.' He handed me a cup of coffee.

'Thanks.' I smiled faintly. 'I'm really sorry that I woke you up.'

'It's okay Babe. I know you hate being alone.' He said. 'He's still not home?' He sat down on the other sofa.

I shook my head no and he sighed. He also hates when Ace goes out drinking but for a different reason. While he doesn't like it because they have rehearsal in the morning, I just simply loathe the idea of Ace being around other girls.

Not that I'm jealous. I could never be because we ain't a couple and he has the right to date anyone he wants to. It just infuriates me for some reason.

'What's on your mind?' Paul crossed his arms.

'Nothing.' I lied.

'You certainly have something going on otherwise you wouldn't be as red as a tomato.' He stated. Rolling my eyes I took a sip of my coffee. 'You can tell me anything.' He said.

'I know.' I nodded. 'I just -' I placed my glass onto the table. 'I just don't like when he goes out -'

'Without you.' He interrupted me. 'Admit it, you like the guy.' He pushed me a little.

'Yeah, as a friend.' I rolled my eyes.

'Doll, you like him as a man.' He stated and somehow I couldn't argue with him on that. 'See?' He smiled. 'Told you. Why don't you talk to him?' He arched a brow.

'About what, Paul?' I got a little angry.
He sighed and then embraced me in a hug that I really needed at the moment.

We turned on the TV and watched some crappy late night show I can barely remember. And then he let me sleep in the guest room. I wanted to go home but he insisted so I stayed.

Paul woke up before the clock could've strike 7 am. In the kitchen there was fresh coffee waiting for us to be drank.

'Thank you.' I sat down to the table, he just nodded his head and left the room.

I drank my cup of coffee then decided to go to the studio with Paul as I spent the night here. To our surprise Ace was already there. This will be fun.

'Hi guys.' We said but only Gene and Eric reacted.

Ace looked at me but soon returned to his guitar. But Eric ran up to me giving me a quick hug. I returned his gesture but soon I turned my head down and walked over to the couch, looking at the floor. It was very tidy to be honest. I sat down thinking about Ace.

They played one song, then another one, and after the third Eric sat down next to me.

'What's up Babe?' He asked all smiley.

'Nothing.' I sighed giving him a weak smile.

'Is it about Ace?' He whispered. I looked at him with my eyes wide open they almost fell out. 'I know he went out. He invited me but I didn't go.' He told me but got interrupted by Paul.

'Wanna grab some food? We're hungry.' He asked me and I nodded.

'We'll get back to it Babe.' Eric winked at me and I smiled sheepishly.

Then I did the worst thing - I looked at Ace and he looked kinda angry. God this gonna be awful.

While we were out for buying food, Paul kept asking me about the Spaceman.

'He's acting weird since he saw you with me arrive.' He stated holding the store's door open for me.

'You're seeing things.' I rolled my eyes walking into the store.

'You always say that when you're trying to avoid talking.' He sighed.

He didn't needle me anymore after this. We bought the food in peace then went back. Everyone sat down somewhere and started eating. I just happened to sit next to Eric as he wanted to talk.

'What happened between you two?' He whispered the question.

'Nothing.' I shrugged taking a bite of my sandwich.

'He's clearly upset.' He arched a brow.

'Fine.' I rolled my eyes. 'He left me in the house so I called Paul and stayed at his place.' I told him the story quietly.

Eric almost spat out his drink.

'What's so funny?' A strong Bronx accent asked us.

I quickly looked at him from across the room. 'Nothing.' I said the word for the 100th time this day.

'He's jealous.' Eric whispered into my ear and that made me jump.

'Fuck Eric!' I shouted in fright. Everyone looked at me in confusion especially Ace. I shook my head and faced Eric again. 'He's not.' I simply told him and continued eating my sandwich.

After the rehearsal was over everyone went home. That meant that I had to go with Ace.

The ride was quiet which felt weird considering that we can barely shut up.

Even when we arrived home he didn't speak to me. And now I felt like I did something wrong by spending the night at Paul's.

The hours passed by and I couldn't take it anymore.

'When are you gonna talk to me again?' I asked arms crossed. 'Has the cat got your tongue or what?' I stood in the doorway still feeling like some kind of criminal. 'Okay, I give up!' I threw my hands up ready to leave the room but he suddenly grabbed my hand.

'Don't.' He whispered. 'Please.' He murmured.

I gulped hard. I was so ready to leave but he guided me to the living room. I sat on the couch and he sat down on the floor in front of me.

'I'm sorry.' He held both of my hands. 'I was a dick to you today and last night as well.' He gulped.

'It's okay.' I lied.

'No it's not.' Well, he didn't buy it. 'It wasn't nice of me I know. I just... I know I left you alone even though I know you hate being alone.' He rubbed the back of my hands.

'I told you it's okay.' I sighed.

'No! Let me finish.' He licked his lips. 'When I came home you weren't here and then you came to the studio with Paul. I didn't know what to think at that sight. I got angry just thinking about what you may did at his place.' His voice became fumed.

'Calm down I didn't do anything.' I trembled.

'I know.' He looked down. 'Then you spent the whole rehearsal with Eric. And that's when I realised that -'

'That you were jealous?' I interrupted him feeling encouraged.

'Yeah. I always thought you were mine.' He looked up at me. 'And since Eric joined us you're spending less time with me and more with him.'

'Ahw.' I teared up. 'I'm yours. Always have been. Eric is nice and I really love him as a friend. Same with Peter, Paul and even Gene too.' I reassured him.

'Then I wanna do something I've wanted to do a long time ago.' Now he was kneeling.

'What Mr Frehley?' I teased him and I soon got my answer when he kissed me.

It was so sudden that we fell back on the couch. It was full of passion, desire and love.

'This.' He smiled from ear to ear.

I think this is when our unsaid relationship started.